|Concubine of Sun Quan|
Lady Xie was from Shanyin County (山陰縣), Kuaiji Commandery, within present-day Shaoxing, Zhejiang. She became Sun Quan's wife on the recommendation of Sun's mother Lady Wu, who favoured her. Later, Sun Quan wanted to take his cousin Xu Kun's daughter Lady Xu as his new wife, so he told Lady Xie to lower herself to accept the newcomer. However, Lady Xie refused and fell out of Sun Quan's favour as a consequence. She died at a relatively young age.
Family and relatives
Lady Xie's father, Xie Jiong (謝煚), served as a Gentleman of the Imperial Secretariat (尚書郎) and the Prefect (令) of Xu County (徐縣) in the Eastern Han dynasty. Xie Jiong was known for his good moral conduct and brilliance since he was young.
Xie Jiong's younger brother, Xie Zhen (謝貞), was known for being very law-abiding, studious, and morally upright in conduct. He was nominated as a xiaolian (civil service cadet) and later served as the Chief (長) of Jianchang County (建昌縣). He died in office.
Lady Xie had a younger brother, Xie Cheng (謝承), whose courtesy name was "Weiping" (偉平). Xie Cheng was known for being very well read and for his excellent memory. He initially served as a "Gentleman for All Purposes" (五官郎中), and was subsequently promoted to the positions of "Commandant of East Changsha" (長沙東部都尉) and Administrator (太守) of Wuling Commandery (武陵郡). He also wrote over 100 volumes of the Hou Han Shu (後漢書; Book of the Later Han),[a] which documented the history of the Eastern Han dynasty.
Xie Cheng's son, Xie Chong (謝崇), served as "General Who Spreads Might" (揚威將軍). Xie Chong's younger brother, Xie Xu (謝勗), served as the Administrator (太守) of Wu commandery (吳郡).
- (吳主權謝夫人，會稽山陰人也。 ... 權母吳，為權聘以為妃，愛幸有寵。後權納姑孫徐氏，欲令謝下之，謝不肯，由是失志，早卒。) Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (父煚，漢尚書郎、徐令。) Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (煚子承撰後漢書，稱煚幼以仁孝為行，明達有令才。) Pei Songzhi's annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (煚弟貞，履蹈法度，篤學尚義，舉孝廉，建昌長，卒官。) Pei Songzhi's annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (後十餘年，弟承拜五官郎中，稍遷長沙東部都尉、武陵太守，撰後漢書百餘卷。) Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (會稽典錄曰：承字偉平，博學洽聞，嘗所知見，終身不忘。) Kuaiji Dianlu annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 50.
- (子崇揚威將軍，崇弟勗吳郡太守，並知名。) Kuaiji Dianlu annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 50.