|Genres||1950s style Italian music band|
|Members||Teresa Federico (Sugar)|
Valentina Ruggeri (Pepper)
Francesca Nerozzi (Honey)
Ladyvette is a 1950s style Italian music band. It is formed by three actresses and singers: Sugar (Teresa Federico), Pepper (Valentina Ruggeri) and Honey (Francesca Nerozzi). Teresa Federico is also the author of all the original songs’ lyrics and of some of the scores together with Roberto Gori., who is responsible for arrangements and original compositions. Roberto Gori is a pianist and composer, winner of the “Disco D’oro” award in 1996 and the “Nino Rota” award in 2016. Since the very beginning Ladyvette are accompanied, in addition to Roberto Gori at the piano, by Riccardo Colasante (drums), Alberto Antonucci (doublebass) and Gian Piero Lo Piccolo (sax and clarinet). Ladyvette is a swing band who combines vocal activities with comedy, both in original and in reinterpreted songs, and in their sketches.
In 2012 Valentina Ruggeri had the idea of forming the band. Since the very beginning her idea was to put together swing music and women’s world. She immediately include in the group Teresa Federico and Vera Dragone, both of them being actresses and singers. Valentina Ruggeri had the initial idea of rearranging well known italian pop music hits from the 80s and 90s (such as Marco Masini, Max Pezzali, Ambra Angiolini...) with a swing mood. It was Teresa Federico’s idea to involve Roberto Gori in the project. He is both a composer and an arranger, therefore, with his help, Ladyvette started editing their first original songs, facing women’s role in different social contexts. Their first single “Tapa Tapa” plays around obsession of women on body hairs. First step the Ladyvette’s swoop to Festival del Cinema in Venice happened only two months after the group was formed where the three actresses pretended to be three well known divas: invited by Matteo Garrone to the opening gala of the festival. From the very beginning they proposed themselves on the Italian music scene as singers, but also as authors and entertainers. Their first concert was held in December at the Micca Club, in Rome. In 2014 Ladyvette started a partnership with stylist Vivien of Holloway, who was their official stylist until 2016.
From 2014 they performed in many jazz clubs in Rome, such as Cotton Club, Casa del Jazz and Alexander Platz, but also at the Libreria del Cinema, as a partnership with director Giuseppe Piccioni, at the Kino and at the Roma Vintage Festival. In June 2013, they were invited to the Summer Jamboree festival in Senigallia, Italy.
In 2016 after four years of collaboration, Vera Dragone (Cherry) was replaced by Francesca Nerozzi (Honey). As a new member of the trio, Francesca has brought new motivations and thanks also to her experience as a former classic dancer, she focused her job on the trio’s choreographies.
From television to cinema to theatre
After two years of live music, Ladyvette meets Gigi Marzullo and Renzo Arbore introducing to them Ladyvette’s project. Within a few weeks, the trio becomes regular guest of “Settenote”, Gigi Marzullo’s late show on music, aired by RaiUno.
In 2014 that same year, they also shot as main characters a commercial for Algida, directed by D. Gentile and they participated to the shooting of the film “Radio Cortile”, directed by F. Bonelli. In the same year casting director Claudia Marotti shows some of Ladyvette’s videos to television director Monica Vullo. In 2015 director Monica Vullo cast them as actresses and singers in the television series “Il Paradiso delle Signore” (Produced by Aurora Film, Rai Uno). Then, in 2016, their television activity continued, with appearances in the first season of the TV series is “Il Paradiso delle Signore”, where they also work at part of the original soundtrack edited by Rai Com, winner of Colonne Sonore Prize 2016 as best soundtrack of a television show. That same year they also participated to many television shows like Telethon, Affari Tuoi, Uno Mattina, all aired by Rai Uno. They also appeared in Renzo Arbore’s show “Quelli dello Swing”, aired by Rai Due, with Gege’ Telesforo, Piji Siciliani, Max Paiella, Lillo & Greg. In particular they start a collaboration with Lillo Petrolo helping Teresa Federico writing a theatre show named “Le Dive dello Swing”, staged at Brancaccino Theatre, in Rome, directed by Massimiliano Vado with artistic direction of Lillo Petrolo. This artistic and personal friendship also ends up in Lillo Petrolo special appearance in Ladyvette’s single “Tutti quanti voglion fare swing”, featuring Lillo Petrolo showing Lindy Hop dancers'style adopted in Italy.
In October 2014, they performed at the Ronnie Scott’s Bar in London followed by a short tour in the UK. In 2015 they were invited to perform at the Dolce Vita Festival, Rovigno, Croatia alongside Mike Sanchez. In October 2015 Ladyvette flew overseas for a tour of New York USA, where they performed at Joe’s Pub with Chiara Civello, at Casa Italiana Zerilli/Merimo’ and at Birdland. In the winter of 2016 they performed at the Capri Hollywood International Film Festival alongside Helen Mirren.
Since 2015 the trio participates to events organized by charitable onlus such as Children for peace alongside Anastasia, ANLAIDS, the charitable campaign “Jumper day” by Save the Children. They also played at the charity event in memoriam of Marta Marzotto at Metropole Hotel in Venice.
|Micca Club||Rome, Italy||2014|
|Cotton Club||Rome, Italy||2014|
|Casa del Jazz||Rome, Italy||2014|
|Alexander Platz||Rome, Italy||2014|
|Summer Jamboree||Senigallia, Italy||2014|
|Libreria del cinema||Rome, Italy||2014||as a partnership with the famous italian director Giuseppe Piccioni|
|Roma Vintage Festival||Rome, Italy||2014|
|Ronnie Scott’s Bar||London, UK||2014||followed by a short tour in the UK|
|Bravo Caffè||Bologna, Italy||2015|
|Salone Margherita||Rome, Italy||2015|
|Dolce Vita Festival||Rovigno, Croatia||2015||alongside Mike San chez|
|New York, USA||2015||at Joe’s Pub with Chiara Civello, at Casa Italiana Zerilli Merimo’ and at Birdland|
|Capodanno X-Factor||Cosenza, Italy||2015||alongside Shorty, Gio Sada, Mosick|
|Bulgari launch||Rome, Italy||2016|
|Hotel Metropole||Venice, Italy||2016||Charity event for Marta Marzotto|
|Children for peace||Rome, Italy||2016||supporting ANLAIDS|
|Hotel Metropole||Venice, Italy||2016||New Year's Day|
|Spirit de Milan||Milan, Italy||2017|
|Evento Millemiglia||Rome, Italy||2017||in honor of the Marzotto family|
|Ladyvette live show||Teatro degli Arrischianti||Sarteano, Italy||2017|
|Le Dive dello Swing||Teatro Brancaccino||Rome, Italy||2017||artistic direction by di Lillo Petrolo, directed by Massimiliano Vado, produced by Bis Tremila|
|Spot Algida||Davide Gentile||2014|
|Settenote||Gigi Marzullo||Rai Uno||2014||regular guests|
|Stai Serena||Serena Dandini||Radio Due||2015||guests|
|Il Paradiso delle Signore||Monica Vullo||Produced by Aurora TV, Rai Uno||2015||TV series: cast as actresses and singers|
|Radio Cortile||Francesco Bonelli||2016||movie|
|Ladies and Capital||Radio Capital||2017||interview|
|Il Paradiso delle Signore 2||Rai Uno||2017|
|9 lune e mezzo||M. Andreozzi||Paco Cinematografica||2017||Movie. Cast as actresses and singers|
2016. "Il Paradiso delle Signore". Mention of Sound Column Margutta Award.
2017. Margutta Award for the music category.
2017. Best Hair Nomination. Bokeh South Africa International Fashion Film Festival.
- "Tapa tapa - Ladyvette - Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. 24 April 2014.
- Porcheddu, Andrea (2013-12-09). "Ladyvette ovvero follia a ritmo swing". Linkiesta. Rome. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- of Holloway, Vivien (2013-08-16). "News and New Kitty". Vivien of Holloway. Retrieved 2017-09-02.
Italian beauties Ladyvette wear halterneck circle dresses in satin
- "Ladyvette Photos Photos: Naples '44' Red Carpet - 11th Rome Film Festival".
- Bianchi, Barbara (20 April 2015). "Ladyvette ironia in abiti Vintage a ritmo di swing". Ginger Magazine. Rome. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Esposito, Alberto (2015-06-22). "Concerto delle Ladyvette alla Moderna Summer Fest di Roma". agrpress. Rome. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Morandi, Sara (2017-12-10). "Francesca Nerozzi è diventata la nostra Honey la Divette più bionda del mondo nonché nostra coreografa". seidifirenzese. Florence. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Ladyvette a Settenote". wn. 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
Ladyvette ospiti a Settenote di Gigi Marzullo
- Salvatori, Clarida (2015-11-28). "In onda su RaiUno con la fiction Il Paradiso delle signore". Corriere della Sera. Rome. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Il paradiso delle signore (Colonna sonora originale della serie TV) - EP".
- Gori, Roberto (2016-04-27). "Ladyvette and Lillo Petrolo". Roberto Gori Weebly. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
in anteprima i frutti della collaborazione fra le Ladyvette e Lillo
- "LADYVETTE". 16 January 2017.
- De Pas, Micol (6 October 2015). "Ladyvette il trio anni 50 che porta l'Italia in America". Panorama. New York. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Leotta, Ippolito (2015-12-17). "Ladyvette a New York". RAI. New York. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Ladyvette, Old-Style All-Female Trio". Club Free Time.
- "Ladyvette and swing (with irony)". West 46 thmag.
- "2016 Special Events". Capri Hollywood. 2016-12-17. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- ""The Children for Peace", gala dinner con Anastacia e il trio LaDyvette". roma.repubblica.it.
- "Al metropole ricordando la contessa". PressReader. Vanity Fair (Italy). 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
cerano gli attori Ennio Fantastichini e Massimiliano Finazzer Flory, che ha letto passaggi del libro della contessa, Smeraldi a colazione, e il trio Ladyvette
- "video rap con il trio femminile Ladyvette". www.radioitalia.it.
- Ghezzi, Tommaso (2017-03-13). "Arrischianti Vintage con le Ladyvette". La Valdichiana. Montepulciano. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Abbadessa, Barbara (2015-05-26). "LADYVETTE ospiti della trasmissione staiSerena su Rai Radio Due". La Gazzetta dello Spettacolo. Rome. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Ladyvette: baciatevi con Ladies and Capital". www.capital.it.
- Natale, Andrea (2016-02-17). "Il paradiso delle signore". ColonneSonore.net. Milan. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Ricca, Anna (2017-06-20). "ModART e Premio Margutta: Ladyvette (musica)". Radio Colonna. Rome. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Tutti quanti voglion fare swing". 2017-05-17. Retrieved 2017-09-03.