Lafayette Township, Michigan
|Lafayette Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||18.2/sq mi (7.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626568|
- Edgewood is an unincorporated community in the township on the Bad River at .
- Galloway is an unincorporated community on the boundary between Lafayette Township and Lakefield Township in Saginaw County.
- Langport is an unincorporated community in the township at  .
- Rathbone is an unincorporated community in the township  .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 656 people, 239 households, and 184 families residing in the township. The population density was 18.2 per square mile (7.0/km²). There were 261 housing units at an average density of 7.2 per square mile (2.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 95.43% White, 0.30% African American, 0.61% Native American, 3.20% from other races, and 0.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.42% of the population.
There were 239 households out of which 37.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.6% were married couples living together, 8.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.0% were non-families. 19.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the township the population was spread out with 27.1% under the age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 19.2% from 45 to 64, and 13.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 106.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $43,229, and the median income for a family was $45,703. Males had a median income of $37,292 versus $21,563 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,203. About 3.9% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.8% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lafayette Township, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Edgewood, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Langport, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rathbone, Michigan