Lafayette Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.12 sq mi (75.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.07 sq mi (75.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||41.5/sq mi (16.0/km2)|
47431, 47460, 47833, 47868
|GNIS feature ID||453533|
Lafayette Township was organized in 1839.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.12 square miles (75.4 km2), of which 29.07 square miles (75.3 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
- Vandalia at
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Fender, Galimore, Palestine, Saint Walley, Splinter Ridge, Tipton and Wright.
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- State Senate District 39
- "Lafayette Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 817.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.