Lafcadio Hearn Memorial Museum
The Lafcadio Hearn Memorial Museum (小泉八雲記念館 Koizumi Yakumo Kinenkan) is a writer's house museum established in Matsue, Shimane Prefecture, Japan in 1933. Lafcadio Hearn lived in Matsue from August 1890 to November 1891, and the museum was built next to his former residence, itself designated an Historic Site in 1940. The original museum was modelled on the Goethe-Nationalmuseum in Weimar, but it was rebuilt in a more traditional Japanese style in 1984. The museum attracts around 150,000 visitors a year.
- "Lafcadio Hearn's Former Residence". Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Lafcadio Hearn Memorial Museum". Matsue Tourism Board. Archived from the original on 11 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- Askew, Rie Kido (2007). "The politics of nostalgia: museum representations of Lafcadio Hearn in Japan" (PDF). Museum and Society. University of Leicester. 5 (3): 131–147.
- Lafcadio Hearn Memorial Museum
- The politics of nostalgia: museum representations of Lafcadio Hearn in Japan(in English)
|This article related to a museum in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|