|• location||Jönköping Municipality, Sweden|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||244 km (152 mi)|
|Basin size||6,451.8 km2 (2,491.1 sq mi)|
|• average||82 m3/s (2,900 cu ft/s)|
It starts in Tahesjön near Taberg in the municipality of Jönköping, flows through Vaggeryd, Värnamo and Ljungby and ends in the town of Mellbystrand in the municipality of Laholm. More specifically, it ends in the Bay of Laholm, a part of the strait of Kattegat.
People have been following the river from the coastal areas since the Viking Age and settling in its vicinity. Along Lagan was a trading route, the so-called Lagastigen, which is now part of the road E4.
- The other three main Halland rivers: Viskan, Ätran, Nissan
- Lagan, a town located by the river some 10 kilometers north of Ljungby
- "Lagan". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 11 July 2010. (subscription required)
- "Län och huvudavrinningsområden i Sverige" (PDF) (in Swedish). Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- Andréasson, Per-Gunnar; Rodhe, Agnes (1992). The Protogine Zone. Geology and mobility during the last 1.5 Ga (PDF) (Report). SKB technical report.