|Born||12 December 1978|
Skien, Telemark, Norway
|Labels||Criss Cross, Losen|
Lage Lund (born 12 December 1978) is a Norwegian jazz guitarist.
After discarding his dream of becoming a professional skateboarder, Lund turned his attention to music and picked up the guitar at the age of 13. He founded a trio and played in local clubs. On a scholarship he attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, where he performed at Wally's Cafe. In 2002 a grant from the Fulbright foundation gave him the opportunity to move to New York City. In 2003 he entered the Juilliard School scholarship jazz program and graduated in 2005. He won the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition in 2005.
He has performed at Smalls Jazz Club, Jazz Gallery, Blues Alley, Kennedy Center, and Jazz at Lincoln Center. He has worked with Seamus Blake, Ingrid Jensen, Carmen Lundy, Wynton Marsalis, Eric Revis, Ron Carter, Mulgrew Miller, and Maria Schneider.
- 2000: Recipient of the Jimi Hendrix Award
- 2005: Winner of the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Guitar Competition
As leader or co-leader
- 2007: Standards
- 2008: Early Songs (Criss Cross)
- 2010: Unlikely Stories (Criss Cross)
- 2011: Small Club, Big City
- 2012: Four – Live at Smalls (Criss Cross)
- 2013: Foolhardy (Criss Cross)
- 2013: OWL Trio (Losen)
- 2015: Arts and Letters (Losen)
- 2015: Idlewild (Criss Cross)
- 2016: Inspired with Rale Micic, John Abercrombie, Peter Bernstein
As sideman or guest
With Seamus Blake
- 2007: Way Out Willy (Criss Cross)
- 2009: Bellwether (Criss Cross)
With Jimmy Greene
- 2009: Mission Statement (Criss Cross)
With Jaleel Shaw
- 2005: Perspective (Criss Cross)
- 2008: Optimism (Criss Cross)
- 2007: Mise En Bouteille À New York (Calibrated)
With Jochen Rueckert
- 2014: We Make the Rules (Criss Cross)
With David Sánchez
- 2008: Cultural Survival (Criss Cross)
- "Lage Lund Quartet". Biography (in Italian). PanicJazzClub.com. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "Norwegian jazz guitarist wins international jazz competition". Musical review. ListenTo.no. 2005-09-29. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- Byrne, Jason (2005-11-15). "Three Of The World's Best Young Jazz Guitarists On One Stage!". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- Mattison, Ben (2005-09-21). "Lage Lund Wins Thelonious Monk Guitar Competition". Playbill Arts. Retrieved 2015-05-12.