|Genre||Parashari School of Hindu astrology|
|Part of a series on|
|Hindu scriptures and texts|
|Related Hindu texts|
Laghu Parashari, also known as Jataka Chandrika, is an important treatise on Vimshottari dasha system and is based on Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra. Written in Sanskrit in the usual Sloka format, it consists of forty-two verses divided into five chapters. Thus, it is a brief but an important treatise on predictive part of Hindu astrology whose authorship is not known even though it is presumed that it was written by ardent followers of Parashara. It contains all the fundamental principles on which the Parashari system is based. It is widely relied upon by the exponents of Hindu astrology and a text that is frequently cited.
- Unknown. "Laghu Parashari Siddhanta".
- "Laghu Parshari with Hindi Commentary".
- Laghu Parashari. New Delhi: Ranjan Publications.
- Prthuyasas. Hora Sara. New Delhi: Ranjan Publications. p. v.
- Astrological Magazine Vol.69. Bangalore: Raman Publications. pp. 554–555.
- Mrdula Trivedi. Shani shaman: wooing Saturn Vol.1. Nishkaam Peeth Prakashan. p. 184.
- R.G.Sapre. Astrology, analytical study of different eastern and western systems. A.V.G.Prakashan. p. 68,130.
- Bhojraj Dwivedi. Wonders of Palmistry. Diamond Books Publishers (P) Ltd. p. 26.
- Krishna Kumar Pathak. Hindu dasha system: principles of vimshottari and yogini dashas with gochara phalas, vol.2. Nishkaam Peeth Prakashan. p. 82.
- Jivanatha. Bhava Kutuhalam. Sagar Publications. p. 54,77,215.
- Gupta, Varun. "Laghu Parashari". http://jyotishvishesh.blogspot.com. External link in
|This astrology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|