Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Lagrangian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lagrangian may refer to:
- Lagrangian, relating to Joseph-Louis Lagrange (1736–1813), Italian mathematician and astronomer
- Lagrangian function, used to solve constrained minimization problems in optimization theory; see Lagrange multiplier
- Lagrangian, a functional whose extrema are to be determined in the calculus of variations
- Lagrangian submanifold, a class of submanifolds in symplectic geometry
- Lagrangian system, a pair consisting of a smooth fiber bundle and a Lagrangian density
- Lagrangian mechanics, a reformulation of classical mechanics
- Lagrangian (field theory), a formalism in classical field theory
- Lagrangian point, a position in an orbital configuration of two large bodies
- Lagrangian coordinates, a way of describing the motions of particles of a solid or fluid in continuum mechanics
- Lagrangian coherent structure
| disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.