Laguna College of Business and Arts
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||SITIM SEDATE EX|
Motto in English
|"Quench Your Thirst"|
|Type||Private, Private Non-Sectarian|
|President||Mr. Jose Ted L. Gonzales|
Mrs. Sylvia P. Izon
Ms. Mara Reyes
|Location||Burgos St. Calamba City, Laguna,
|Hymn||"Oh Loyal Sons"|
|Colors||Yellow, Blue and White|
Laguna College of Business and Arts (formerly Laguna Institute) or LCBA is a private non-sectarian school in Calamba, Laguna, Philippines. The campus was established on June 1930, hailed today as the first secondary school in Calamba City.
The Laguna Institute formally opened in June 1930 with 95 students in the first and second year high school. The original Laguna Institute was an old, 2-storey, green and white rented house; which stood on a 500-square meter lot still unpaved Burgos Street. In 1933, it was fully recognized by the Department of Public Institutions as a duly accredited high school.
During the war, the Laguna Institute closed until 1945. Nevertheless, in 1950, L.I. inaugurated its elementary and collegiate departments. Initially, the courses offered in tertiary level were only Associate in Commercial Science, Elementary Teacher's Certificate, and Associate in Arts. However, a few years later, the Bachelor of Secondary Education, Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Bachelor of Arts and Junior Secretarial Courses were added to the list. Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Administration and Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering were offered in 1994-1995.
Although the Elementary Department was closed in 1953, it was reopened in 1989. After two years, the Nursery, Kindergarten and Preparatory courses were introduced to complete all levels in the Elementary Department.
Changing of Name
The name of the school was changed from its original name - Laguna Institute - to - Laguna College of Business and Arts (LCBA) - in 1979.
The LCBA campus is located in the center City of Calamba, Laguna in the growth region of CALABARZON. The 300,000m² campus has a fully air-conditioned classroom in all levels of which can accommodate 40-50 students per class. The campus houses complementary facilities for sports, extracurricular activities and school functions such as a multi-purpose quadrangle, newly constructed audio-visual room, cyber hubs, library, multi-purpose hall, gymnasium, science laboratory and a parking lot. The school offers Wi-Fi Internet hotspots in the campus to assist students and personnel in their studies and researches.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Majors: Human Resources Development Management and Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Majors: English, Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science, Filipino, Technology and Livelihood Education, and Social Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Majors: Preschool Education
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Office Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in Travel Management
TESDA Technical Courses
- Programming NC Level IV
- Commercial Cooking NC II
- Housekeeping NC II
- Food and Beverages Services
- Bartending NC II
- High School - Grade 7 to 12
- Elementary - Grade 1 to 6
- Ramil L. Hernandez - Governor, Province of Laguna