|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||1,772 km2 (684 sq mi)|
|Elevation||216 m (709 ft)|
|Time zone||PKT (UTC+5)|
Lahore District (Urdu: ضلع لاہور) is a district in the Punjab province of Pakistan that contains the city of Lahore, the district and provincial capital. The total area is 1,772 square kilometres (684 sq mi).
Under the latest revision of Pakistan's administrative structure, promulgated in 2001, Lahore was tagged as a City District and divided into nine towns. Each town in turn consists of a group of union councils.
According to the 1998 census, the district's population is 6,320,000, 82% of which is urban.:45 Punjabi is the first language of 86% of the population, while Urdu and Pashto account for 10% and 2% respectively.:50
- "The Local Government System 2001". National Reconstruction Bureau, Government of Pakistan. August 14, 2001. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "City District Governments". National Reconstruction Bureau, Government of Pakistan. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "City District". National Reconstruction Bureau, Government of Pakistan. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- 1998 District Census report of Lahore. Census publication. 125. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.
- "Mother tongue": defined as the language of communication between parents and children, and recorded of each individual.