来宾市 • Laizbinh Si
Location of Laibin in Guangxi
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||13,400 km2 (5,200 sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Láibīn (simplified Chinese: 来宾市; traditional Chinese: 來賓市; pinyin: Láibīn Shì, Zhuang: Laizbinh Si) is a prefecture-level city in the central part of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People's Republic of China.
Geography and climate
Laibin is located in central Guangxi. The Hongshui River or Red River and Rong River, both tributaries of the Xi River, meet in Laibin. Its administrative area is 13,400 square kilometres (5,200 sq mi), of which more than 43% is forested.
Laibin is an ancient town with more than 2000 years of history. The area was settled in prehistoric times, more than 30,000 years ago.
- Xingbin District (兴宾区)
- Heshan (合山市)
- Jinxiu Yao Autonomous County (金秀瑶族自治县)
|English Name||Simplified||Traditional||Pinyin||Zhuang||Area||Population(2010 )|
|Xingbin District||兴宾区||興賓區||Xīngbīn Qū||Sinhbinh Gih||4,404||1,015,165( 68.27% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
|Xincheng County||忻城县||忻城縣||Xīnchéng Xiàn||Yinhcwngz Yen||2,541||405,384 (90.92% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
|Xiangzhou County||象州县||象州縣||Xiàngzhōu Xiàn||Cienghcou Yen||1,899||354,918 (70.4% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
|Wuxuan County||武宣县||武宣縣||Wǔxuān Xiàn||Mouxsien Yen||2,485||431,330 (67.17% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
|Jinxiu Yao Autonomous County||金秀瑶族自治县||金秀瑤族自治縣||Jīnxiù yáozú Zìzhì Xiàn||Ginhsiu Yauzcuz Swci Yen||2,517||152,212 (43.97% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
|Heshan||合山市||Héshān Shì||Hozsan Si||350||139,227 (69.55% of the people belong to the Zhuang ethnic group, 2010)|
- These figures are based on the following official statistics:
Laibin is an important transportation hub with several regional and national highways, important rail lines, and shipping along the Hongshui River to Hong Kong, Macau, and Guangzhou. Agriculture is a major industry with sugarcane, rice, peanuts, tea, and fruits being the major crops. There are more than 600 industries in Laibin including sugar processing, powerplants, construction materials, mining, and Chinese medicine. The area produces 1/4 of the world's indium.
Laibin is filled with numerous examples of unique ethnic minority culture, especially from the Yao. There are also many types of dance found only in the area including the Bamboo Horse, the Colorful Butterfly, the Dragon Fish, the Emerald, the Bright Lantern, and the Yao dance, the Monkey Drum.
- Xiao Qiaogui (蕭朝貴) (1821–1852) Taiping general, Zhuang.
- Zhai Fuwen (翟富文) (1866–1942) educator, author, and national assembly representative for Guangxi province
- Liu Ceqi (劉政奇) (1895–1927) revolutionary hero and martyr, Zhuang.
- Mo Jiangbai (莫江白) (1918–1949) revolutionary hero and martyr, Zhuang.
- Zhang Hua (张华) (1911–1990) military and political figure.
- Jin Baosheng (金宝生) (1927– ) military and political figure, Yao.
- Han Feng (韩锋) (1956– ) Tobacco monopoly apparatchik outed in 2010 as a "Chinese Casanova".
- Jing Xianfa ( ) (1957– ) Current Mayor of Laibin.
Laibin has one sister city.
- Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States