Laid to Rest
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the 2009 horror film, see Laid to Rest (film).
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Laid to Rest"|
|Single by Lamb of God|
|from the album Ashes of the Wake|
|Genre||Groove metal, metalcore|
|Writer(s)||Randy Blythe, Mark Morton, Chris Adler, John Campbell, Willie Adler|
Lamb of God
|Lamb of God singles chronology|
The song is meant to be a first-person narrative of a murder victim, haunting his killer from beyond the grave. On the other side, the lyrics may also have a connection to the Iraq War, like most of the songs from Ashes of the Wake.
In popular culture
- It is featured during the opening titles of the 2005 documentary film Metal: A Headbangers Journey.
- Cover version is featured in 2006 music video game Guitar Hero II.
- Master recording is featured in 2009 music video game Guitar Hero: Smash Hits.
- It is downloadable content for Rock Band music video game series.
- It is featured in music video game Rock Band Unplugged.
- It was used in commercial for popular music website Rhapsody.
- "Laid to Rest" (clean version) - 3:50
- "Laid to Rest" (explicit version) - 3:50