|Comune di Laives|
Panorama of Laives.
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Pineta (Steinmannwald), La Costa (Seit), San Giacomo (St. Jakob)|
|• Mayor||Christian Bianchi|
|• Total||24.3 km2 (9.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||258 m (846 ft)|
|• Density||710/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Laives (Italian pronunciation: [ˈlaives]; German: Leifers [ˈlaɪ̯fɐs]) is a town and a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 8 kilometres (5 mi) south of the city of Bolzano. It is one of only five mainly Italian speaking municipalities in South Tyrol, and the fourth largest municipality in the province.
As of November 30, 2010, it had a population of 17,168 and an area of 24.3 square kilometres (9.4 sq mi).
The municipality contains the frazioni (subdivisions) Pineta (Steinmannwald), La Costa (Seit) and San Giacomo (St. Jakob)
The emblem consists of an argent pile, with concave sides on azure and a chapel on a mountain of gules. The sign, similar to that of the Counts of Lichtenstein who lived in the castle on Mount Köfele, represents the church of Peterköfele. The emblem was adopted in 1970.
- Reinhard Dallinger (born 1950 in Laives) a retired zoologist and Professor of zoology and ecotoxicology
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Laives
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Oscar Benvenuto (ed.): "South Tyrol in Figures 2008", Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol, Bozen/Bolzano 2007, p. 17, table 10
- Official website (in German) (in Italian)
Media related to Laives at Wikimedia Commons
|This Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|