Laiye Je Yaarian
|Laiye Je Yaarian|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sukh Sanghera|
|Produced by||Karaj Gill|
|Written by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Screenplay by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Cinematography||Sandeep Patil (India)|
|Edited by||Sadik Ali Shaikh|
Rhythm Boyz Entertainment
|Distributed by||Omjee Group|
Rhythm Boyz Entertainment
Laiye Je Yaarian is a 2019 Indian Punjabi-language romantic drama film written by Dheeraj Rattan and directed by Sukh Sanghera. Co-produced by Rhythm Boyz Entertainment and Papilio Media; it stars Harish Verma, Roopi Gill, Rubina Bajwa, and Amrinder Gill in prominent roles. The film also has Kamaljeet Neeru, Parkash Gadhu, and Sajjan Adeeb in supporting roles; It marked the feature film directorial debut for Sanghera and Adeeb.
Laiye Je Yaarian was announced in August 2018. Story and screenplay of the film are written by Dheeraj Rattan while dialogues are penned by him and Amberdeep Singh. Principal photography of the film took place in two schedules between March 2019 and May 2019 at Punjab and Canada. Sanghera being a Music Video director paid a particular attention on the film's music. Dr Zeus, Snappy, Jatinder Shah, Intense, and Mix Singh composed the film's soundtrack, which features vocals from Gill, Garry Sandhu, Sajjan Adeeb, Maninder Buttar, and Raj Ranjodh.
Laiye Je Yaarian was released in India on 5 June 2019 and overseas on 7 June 2019. The film opened to mainly positive reviews. As of 16 June 2019, the film has grossed over ₹11 crore, becoming the ninth highest-grossing Punjabi film of 2019.
Raunak in transport business faced with a nemesis. In desperate moment she hires Sukh to help her but ends up with a cheat who has no intention of working for her and has his own vested interest. Jaanu becomes a collateral damage in the process and Sukh realises that he had the ability to do something in life and he had always underestimated himself. All of this for one man's attempt to shut down Raunak transport. But a twist that no one saw coming. Garry holds his cards close to his heart in matters of emotions and business. But one often meets their destiny on the road one avoids to take in the beginning.
- Harish Verma as Sukhdeep Singh 'Sukh'
- Roopi Gill as Raunak
- Rubina Bajwa as Jaanpreet 'Jaanu'
- Amrinder Gill as Garry Randhawa
- Kamaljeet Neeru as Raunak's mother
- Parkash Gadhu as Sukh's father
- Amberdeep Singh as Binder
- Gurshabad (special appearance)
- Bunty Bains (special appearance)
- Sajjan Adeeb as Baldev (special appearance)
- Khushi Duggan as Himself
- Shipra Goyal as Herself (special appearance) 
- Ranjit Bawa as Himself (special appearance)
- Sukh Sanghera (special appearance)
|Laiye Je Yaarian|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||14 June 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Laiye Je Yaarian's soundtrack is composed by Dr Zeus, Snappy, Jatinder Shah, Intense and Mix Singh. Lyrics are penned by Harmanjeet, Bir Singh, Raj Ranjodh, Bling, Maninder Buttar, Rav Hanjra and Happy Parsowal while background score is composed by Intense.
|1.||"Darshan Mehnge"||Harmanjeet||Intense||Sajjan Adeeb|
|2.||"Aah Ki Hoya"||Raj Ranjodh||Intense||Raj Ranjodh||3:17|
|3.||"Mathi Mathi"||Bir Singh||Dr Zeus||Amrinder Gill||3:10|
|4.||"Meri Aakad"||Happy Parsowal||Intense||Garry Sandhu||3:04|
|5.||"Dil Main Nahi Laona"||Bling Singh|
|Mix Singh||Maninder Buttar||2:15|
|6.||"U & I"||Rav Hanjra||Snappy||Garry Sandhu||1:49|
|7.||"Kurti De Mor"||Harmanjeet||Jatinder Shah||Amrinder Gill||2:54|
Laiye Je Yaarian was announced a few weeks after the success of Golak Bugni Bank Te Batua. Dheeraj Rattan wrote the screenplay while dialogues were penned by him and Amberdeep Singh. In April 2019, it was revealed that the project is being directed by Sukh Sanghera, who has previously worked with Rhythm Boyz Entertainment in Love Punjab and Ashke as line producer and Assistant Director in Canadian schedules. It marked as directorial debut for Sanghera. Title of the film was taken from Amrinder Gill’s song "Yaarian" from album "Judaa" released in 2011. Meanwhile, it was revealed by media that the film is titled as "Dila Mereya" but Harish Verma declined the rumours and said, "Dila Mereya was one of the titles that were being considered but it wasn't finalized". Gill in an interview with BBC disclosed that he is playing a "negative character" in the film, and is his first negative role.
Laiye Je Yaarian is majorly shot in Punjab, India and Canada. Principal photography of the film took place in two schedules, first schedule began on 14 December 2018 while second schedule began on 30 March 2019 at Ludhiana and was wrapped on 16 May 2019 at Abbotsford, British Columbia where Sandeep Patil served as cinematographer in India while Wes Miron, Spiro Grant, Samuel, and Sukh Sanghera in Canada. In an interview Verma disclosed that filming was postponed because of his busy schedule. The film was earlier slated to release on 8 February 2019. Background music of the film was composed by Intense while soundtrack was composed by Dr Zeus, Jatinder Shah, Snappy, and Intense. Sanghera being a Music Video director paid a particular attention on the film's music. The film was edited by Sadik Ali Shaikh and its final cut ran for a total of 117 minutes and 13 seconds. Distribution rights were acquired by Omjee Group in India while Rhythm Boyz itself in overseas.
Release and marketing
The film was originally scheduled to be released on 8 February 2019 and was announced along Bhajjo Veero Ve and Ashke 2 in August 2018. Amrinder Gill announced the film on his social media handles on his birthday 11 May 2019. The film was released on 5 June 2019 in India while on 7 June 2019 at overseas, and is distributed by Omjee Group in India and Rhythm Boyz Entertainment at overseas. In India, the film clashed Salman Khan’s Bollywood film Bharat. The film received "UA" certificate from CBFC in India.
The first look poster was released on 19 May 2019 along with title, in the poster Harish Verma and Roopi Gill are seen. Second poster of the film showing Amrinder Gill was released on 22 May 2019. First song from the film "Darshan Mehnge" sung by Amrinder Gill and Sajjan Adeeb was released on 23 May 2019. Official trailer of the film was released on 27 May 2019. Second song "Aah Ki Hoya" written and sung by Raj Ranjodh was released on 29 May 2019.
Gurnaaz Kaur of The Tribune gave the film three and a half star out of five. She praised the film's cinematography, production work, and all the four leads while criticized Bajwa for being "out of character" sometimes. In last added, "With all its complications and confusions, the film mostly keeps you glued. Just, at times, you do wonder where it is all going. So many stories running parallel to each other is perhaps the film’s Achilles heel. One gets distracted and none of the story really gets justice as the slow-paced movie is suddenly rushed to a rather slack ending." Monita Sharma of IamPunjaabi gave four out of five stars and praised the concept of the film. She remarked, "Overall, Laiye Je Yaarian marks the beginning of new kind of Punjabi cinema away from the world of usual comedies, Punjabi cultural dramas and period flicks." Punjabi website DaahFilms gave three and a half stars out of five, described the film as "entertaining, well elaborated and perfectly shot" but criticized the Bajwa's performance and connections in between the characters in the end.
- "Rubina Bajwa as 'Jaanu' will steal your heart". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Admin (11 May 2019). "'Amrinder Gill' will be seen as Garry Randhawa on June 7!". DAAH Films. Archived from the original on 20 May 2019. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Amrinder Gill shares his new look as 'Garry Randhawa' for fans". in.com. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Limited, Gabruu Media & Entertainment Private. "SHIPRA GOYAL TO MAKE HER ACTING DEBUT OPPOSITE THIS "ANGREZ" | Gabruu.com". Gabruu Media & Entertainment Private Limited. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Admin (4 June 2019). "Sukh Sanghera seen in 'Meri Aakad', is he in film too?". DAAH Films. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "'Laiye Je Yaarian' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Exclusive: Here's what happened to Harish Verma's movie announced for release on February 8, 2019!". in.com. Archived from the original on 20 May 2019. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Admin (5 April 2019). "Rhythm Boyz Entertainment's current project being directed by 'Sukh Sanghera'". DAAH Films. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "Laiye Je Yaarian: New film announced just 18 days prior to release!". in.com. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "The mystery of 7th June solves; the title and first look of 'Laiye Je Yaarian' is out". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Harish Verma trashes rumours about Dila Mereya and it's clash with Bharat". in.com. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Khan, Noreen. "Actor Amrinder Gill drops in". bbc.co.uk. Archived from the original on 28 May 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- Limited, Gabruu Media & Entertainment Private. "WE KNOW WHO WILL BE THE LEADING LADY OPPOSITE AMRINDER GILL IN HIS NEXT FILM". Gabruu Media & Entertainment Private Limited. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Here's what happened to Harish Verma's untitled 2019 scheduled movie - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "LAIYE JE YAARIAN | British Board of Film Classification". bbfc.co.uk. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- Bhargav, +Dixit (14 May 2019). "Amrinder Gill New Movie: Dila Mereya to release opposite Salman Khan's Bharat on June 5". Punjabi Mania. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- BookMyShow. "Laiye Je Yaarian Movie (2019)". BookMyShow. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Bhargav, Dixit (19 May 2019). "Laiye Je Yaarian News: Amrinder Gill and Harish Verma's movie gets new title". Punjabi Mania. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "'Laiye Je Yaariyan' new poster: Amrinder Gill looks stunning as 'Garry Randhawa' - 'Do Dooni Panj' to 'Shadaa' to 'Manje Bistre 2', Punjabi movies to look forward in 2019". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Darshan Mehnge: The first song from 'Laiye Je Yaarian' is out - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "The trailer of 'Laiye Je Yaarian' is out - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Aah Ki Hoya: Raj Ranjodh croons a love ballad for 'Laiye Je Yaarian' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- Hungama, Bollywood (17 June 2019). "Bharat slows down in second weekend; collects approx. 9.13 mil. USD [Rs. 63.82 cr.] in overseas - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- Hungama, Bollywood (11 June 2019). "Bharat collects approx. 7 mil. USD [Rs. 48.61 cr.] in overseas; emerges the highest opening weekend grosser of 2019 - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- Kaur, Gurnaaz (5 June 2019). "[Review] Love triangle or love square!". The Tribune. Archived from the original on 8 June 2019. Retrieved 6 June 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Sharma, Monita (5 June 2019). "[Review] Laiye Je Yaarian welcome to the new era in punjabi cinema a winner all the way". iampunjaabi.com. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- Admin (5 June 2019). "Movie Review - Roopi Gill outshined with Rhythm Boyz Entertainment!". DAAH Films. Retrieved 14 June 2019.