Self portrait with hat
Lajos Gulácsy (Budapest, 1882 - Budapest, 1932) was a Hungarian painter with works collected by the Hungarian National Gallery. Heavily influenced by the Pre-Raphaelites, his rather dreamlike work is associated with Art Nouveau and Symbolism, but can also be considered a prelude to Surrealism.
- Hungarian Art Nouveau (exhibition catalogue), 1979, Gyöngyi ÉRI, Hungarian National Gallery, The Art Institute of Chicago, published by MAGYAR HIRDETŐ, Budapest
- Cyclopaedia of Hungarian Painters and Graphic Artists. 212.
- Art Encyclopedia. II/306.
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists. 5/309. 2013-01-09.
- Vollmer encyclopedia. 2/337. 2013-01-09.
|This article about a Hungarian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|