Lake Brantley High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lake Brantley High School|
991 Sand Lake Road
|Head teacher||Dr. Trent Daniel|
|Number of students||2,801 (2016-17)|
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Blue|
Lake Brantley High School (LBHS) is located in Altamonte Springs, Florida, a suburban community approximately 13 miles (20 km) north of Orlando. It is a public high school serving grade levels 9–12 in Seminole County, FL, operated by Seminole County Public Schools. The school, which opened in 1972, ranked 79th on Newsweek magazine's 2005 list of the top 100 high schools in the United States and 424th in the 2009 Newsweek list.
- Offers 27 AP courses in a wide variety of academic subjects as well as in elective interests
- Received an "A" rating from the Florida Department of Education in 2006
- Had 7 National Merit Scholar finalists in the class of 2006 and had 2 in 2007
- Highest ACT and SAT scores within the district for 2002 and significantly higher than the state average
- Over 2008Advanced Placement tests administered in 2017.
- 1,212 students scored 3 or higher on the 2017 AP tests
- In the class of 2017, there were 22 AP National Scholars, 76 Scholars w/Distinction, 45 Scholars w/Honors, 129 AP Scholars.
Notes and references
- "LAKE BRANTLEY HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "The Complete List of the 1,000 Top U.S. Schools". Newsweek. May 8, 2005. Archived from the original on 2006-08-31. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- Lake Brantley School Profile Archived 2007-10-09 at the Wayback Machine
- 2006 Florida Department of Education School Grades
- "Lake Brantley High School Website" Patriot Fast Facts Archived 2006-11-05 at the Wayback Machine