Lake Bridgeport, Texas
|Lake Bridgeport, Texas|
Location of Lake Bridgeport, Texas
|• Total||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||680/sq mi (280/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388612|
As of the census of 2000, there were 372 people, 137 households, and 106 families residing in the city. The population density was 785.0 people per square mile (305.6/km²). There were 223 housing units at an average density of 470.6/sq mi (183.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 97.04% White, 0.27% African American, 0.27% Native American, 1.88% from other races, and 0.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.38% of the population.
There were 137 households out of which 38.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.9% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.9% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the city, the population was spread out with 29.0% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 26.9% from 45 to 64, and 10.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 106.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 109.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $37,917, and the median income for a family was $39,167. Males had a median income of $34,167 versus $20,341 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,211. About 7.7% of families and 10.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.1% of those under age 18 and 4.3% of those age 65 or over.
The City of Lake Bridgeport is served by the Bridgeport Independent School District.
Lake Bridgeport was the first reservoir constructed by the Tarrant County Water Control and Improvement District Number One (Currently: Tarrant Regional Water District). The completed construction of the dam occurred on December 15, 1931.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Lake Bridgeport has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "US Gazetteer Files 2016-Places-Texas". US Census. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Archived from the original on June 2, 2016. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- Climate Summary for Lake Bridgeport, Texas