Lake Claiborne State Park
|Lake Claiborne State Park|
Boardwalk into Lake Claiborne on the park grounds
Map of Louisiana, United States of America
|Location||Claiborne Parish, Louisiana, United States of America|
|Area||643 acres (2.60 km2; 1.005 sq mi)|
|Established||May 12, 1974|
|Governing body||Louisiana Office of State Parks|
Lake Claiborne State Park is a popular recreation site located in Claiborne Parish, northwestern Louisiana, USA. It was opened in 1974 and is 643 acres (2.60 km2) in size. The park provides access to scenic Lake Claiborne, a 6,400-acre (26 km2) man-made water body formed by damming Bayou D'Arbonne. Guests may stay at 10 deluxe cabins and 89 campsites (67 improved, 20 premium, 2 unimproved) on the Park grounds. A large scenic meeting room is available for rent. Boats and canoes are available to rent. There is a large swimming beach, boat launch, Nature Center and numerous interpretive programs. Enjoy nature with 6 miles of hiking trails and ride 5 miles of challenging mountain biking trails. The State Park also has 2 world class disc golf courses on the property that host 2 annual events. For more information visit the Lake Claiborne State Park Facebook Page. The entrance to Lake Claiborne State Park is located 7 miles (11 km) southeast of Homer on Louisiana Highway 146 and the park address is 225 State Park Road, Homer, LA 71040; 318-927-2976 or 1-888-677-2524.
- "Lake Claiborne State Park - Louisiana Office of State Parks". Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "Claiborne Parish Lakes and Recreation Areas". Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Outdoor Recreation Action. United States. Bureau of Outdoor Recreation. 1974. p. 67.
- Office of State Parks - Teacher's Guide. Louisiana State Parks. 2002.
- Gordon E. Harvey (2007). Historic Ouachita: An Illustrated History. San Antonio, Texas: Historical Publishing Network. pp. 94–95. ISBN 978-1893619708. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a protected area in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|