Lake Dunlap, Texas
|Lake Dunlap, Texas|
|• Total||1.69 sq mi (4.4 km2)|
|• Land||1.55 sq mi (4.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||640 ft (200 m)|
|• Density||1,100/sq mi (440/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (Central)|
|GNIS feature ID||2586946|
Lake Dunlap is located along Farm to Market Road 725 in northwestern Guadalupe County, approximately eight miles northwest of Seguin. The city of New Braunfels borders Lake Dunlap to the north and west.
Residential development of the lakeside community dates back to the 1970s. The population has steadily increased from around 200 in 1980, to 500 in 1990, 1,000 in 2000, and 1,934 in 2010.
At the 2010 United States Census there were 1,934 people, 684 households, and 501 families residing in the CDP. The racial makeup of the CDP was 87.3% White (62.7% Non-Hispanic White), 1.1% Native American, 2.1% African American, 0.1% Asian, 6.4% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 34.2% of the population.
The New Braunfels Independent School District (NBISD) serves students living in Lake Dunlap. Zoned campuses include Klein Road Elementary School (grades PK-5), New Braunfels Middle School (grades 6-8), New Braunfels High School Ninth Grade Center (grade 9), and New Braunfels High School  (grades 10-12).
- U.S. Census Archived 2012-07-14 at WebCite
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lake Dunlap, Texas
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lake Dunlap CDP, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Lake Dunlap, Texas". The Handbook of Texas online. Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lake Dunlap CDP, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- Attendance Boundaries - New Braunfels Independent School District. Retrieved January 7, 2016.