Lake Harbor, Florida
Lake Harbor, Florida
|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.4 km2)|
|• Land||1.3 sq mi (3.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|• Density||148.7/sq mi (57.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0285247|
Lake Harbor is a census-designated place (CDP) in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The population was 195 at the 2000 census. It located along the southern banks of Lake Okeechobee, at the beginning of the Miami Canal. John Stretch Park is also located alongside the north end of Lake Harbor and the lake.
Lake Harbor is located at (26.686985, -80.807613).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.4 km² (1.3 mi²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 195 people, 65 households, and 44 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 57.5/km² (148.7/mi²). There were 118 housing units at an average density of 34.8/km² (90.0/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 41.54% White (35.9% were Non-Hispanic White,) 42.56% African American, 3.08% Asian, 2.05% from other races, and 10.77% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.67% of the population.
There were 65 households out of which 32.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.8% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.3% were non-families. 24.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.00 and the average family size was 3.55.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 29.2% under the age of 18, 5.1% from 18 to 24, 32.8% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 10.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females, there were 105.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $35,208, and the median income for a family was $31,250. Males had a median income of $36,458 versus $16,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $12,977. None of the families and 9.7% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Lake Harbor, Florida (FL 33440) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders". www.city-data.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Lake Harbor, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Lake Harbor, Florida". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-12-13.