|Primary inflows||Drin, Shala, Valbona|
|Max. length||34 km (21 mi)|
|Surface area||13 km2 (5.0 sq mi)|
|Max. depth||34 m (112 ft)|
|Surface elevation||170 m (560 ft)|
Lake Koman (Albanian: Liqeni i Komanit) is a reservoir on the Drin River in northern Albania. Lake Koman is surrounded by dense forested hills, vertical slopes, deep gorges, and a narrow valley, completely taken up by the river. Besides the Drin, it is fed by the Shala and Valbona Rivers. The lake stretches in an area of 34 km2 (13 sq mi), its width being 400 m (0.25 mi). The narrowest gorge, which is surrounded by vertical canyon walls, is more than 50 m (0.031 mi) wide. The reservoir was constructed between 1979 and 1988 near the village of Koman with a height of 115 m (377 ft).
The combination of specific topography and hydrological conditions, have contributed to the formation of different habitats. The golden jackal, red fox, european badger, eurasian otter, beech marten, european polecat are the primary predatory mammals. A high number of bird species have been observed in the region, including the common kingfisher, common quail, grey heron, eurasian wryneck, great spotted woodpecker and black-headed gull.
The Lake Koman Ferry operates daily on the lake from Koman to Fierza. The ferry connects the city of Bajram Curri to the region of Tropojë. The journey takes about two and a half hours and is also popular with the foreign tourists. Smaller boats bring people and goods to remote villages, which are often far away from the lake, but can only be reached by water.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lake Komani.|
- "TREGUES SIPAS QARQEVE INDICATORS BY PREFECTURES" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Korporata Elektroenergjitike Shqiptare. "Specification" (PDF). kesh.al. p. 1.
This dam is 115 m high
- "REHABILITATION OF KOMAN HYDRO POWER PLANT" (PDF). documents.worldbank.org. pp. 22–24.
- "How to Get Here". journeytovalbona.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-26. Retrieved 2015-05-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)