|Location||Inyo County, California|
|Primary outflows||Middle Fork Bishop Creek|
|Catchment area||15.1 square miles (39 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||184 acres (74 ha)|
|Water volume||8,376 acre feet (10.332×106 m3)|
|Surface elevation||9,128 feet (2,782 m)|
Lake Sabrina is a lake created by damming the middle fork of Bishop Creek. It is located south-west of Bishop, California on California State Route 168, in the Inyo National Forest. It has a cafe as well as a dock. The dam was built in 1907-8 to supply a constant flow of water to the hydraulic power plants. The lake is part of the Bishop Creek system.
Local residents pronounce the lake "Sah-bry-nuh;" however, the lake was originally named after Mrs. Sabrina (pronounced: suh-BREE-nuh) Hobbs, wife of C.M. Hobbs first General Manager of California Nevada Power Company which built the dam. The reason for the lake's name pronunciation changing over the years is unclear.
The segment of the State Route 168 from Lake Sabrina east to the community of Aspendell is subject to closure to most vehicles during the winter months, usually not opening until mid- or late-April, due to snow removal. The winter road closure gate is actually located to the southwest of Aspendell.
- "Dams Within the Jurisdiction of the State of California (N-S)" (PDF). California Department of Water Resources, Division of Safety of Dams. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Lake Sabrina". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Secor, R.J. (1999). The High Sierra: Peaks, Passes, and Trails. The Mountaineers. p. 258.
- "History of the Canyon". Lake Sabrina Boat Landing. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Koehler, Cheryl (2007). Touring the Sierra Nevada. University of Nevada Press. p. 135.
- "Mountain Pass Closures". California Dept. of Transportation. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- "Snow Leaves Eastern Sierra Mountain Roads Closed for the Season". KCET. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- "Bishop Area Winter Map" (PDF). Bishop Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2017-08-03.