Lake Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|• Total||29.93 sq mi (77.5 km2)|
|• Land||29.8 sq mi (77 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.43%|
|Elevation||423 ft (129 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||946|
|• Density||32.2/sq mi (12.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62231, 62250, 62801|
Lake Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 960 and it contained 394 housing units. Lake Township was formed from part of Crooked Creek (Brookside) Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.93 square miles (77.5 km2), of which 29.8 square miles (77 km2) (or 99.57%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.43%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Knolhoff (also known as Rose), Posey, Trinity Lutheran, Wadsworth, and Watts.
Airports and landing strips
- Twenhafel Field
- Bear Lake
- Mossy Lake
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Lake Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Lake Township Cemetery Index". Clinton Co ILGenWeb Project. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.