Lake Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Lake Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Lake and fields in southeastern Lake Township
Location of Lake Township in Wood County
|• Total||34.8 sq mi (90.1 km2)|
|• Land||34.7 sq mi (89.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Density||320/sq mi (120/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087186|
Lake Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 10,972 people in the township, 6,753 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
- East Lawn is an unincorporated community located in the eastern portion of the township along the northern boundary of Millbury.
- Millbury is a village located at in the eastern portion of the township.
- Moline is an unincorporated community located at in the western portion of the township.
- Walbridge is a village located at in the northwest portion of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following municipalities:
- Northwood - north
- Allen Township, Ottawa County - northeast
- Clay Township, Ottawa County - southeast
- Troy Township - south
- Perrysburg Township - west
Lake Township is the home of Toledo Executive Airport, formerly named Metcalf Field. The Lake Local School District athletic teams are nicknamed the "Flyers" in reference to the district's main campus location directly across the road from the airport.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lake township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Retrieved 11 January 2016.