View to south from Tervanokka, Järvenpää.
|Max. length||8 km (5.0 mi)|
|Surface area||6 km2 (2.3 sq mi)|
|Average depth||3.2 m (10 ft)|
|Surface elevation||37.8 m (124 ft)|
Lake Tuusula or Lake Tuusulanjärvi (Finnish: Tuusulanjärvi, Swedish: Tusby träsk) is a lake on the border of the municipalities of Tuusula and Järvenpää in Southern Finland. The lake has an area of 6.0 square kilometres. Since the beginning of the twentieth century the shores of Lake Tuusula has been an artist's colony. The houses of Jean Sibelius, Juhani Aho, Pekka Halonen, Eero Järnefelt, Joonas Kokkonen, and Aleksis Kivi are on the edges of the lake.
The Lake Tuusulanjärvi Water Protection Association has taken action to save the lake from eutrophication effects since the early 1970s. Apart from wintertime water aeration and cyprinid fish removal, some additional water is being fed into the Lake via the Päijänne Water Tunnel.
- "Welcome". Tuusula Lake Tourism Association. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
artists built their homes by the Lake Tuusula. The composer Jean Sibelius
- "Tourist organisations". Port of Helsinki. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
Lake Tuusula is only half an hour's drive north from Finland's capital(outdated link)
- "Järvenpää City Tourist Office". Regional Tourist Offices. Finnish Tourist Board.
Järvenpää Tourist Office can provide information about the Lake Tuusula(outdated link)
- "Puistoblues 2015 aka Lake Side Blues Festival". The Lakeside Blues Office.
...and the main event by the lake Tuusulanjärvi at Vanhankylännniemi
- "Lake Tuusulanjärvi". Tuusulanjärvi-hanke (Tuusulanjärvi project). Retrieved 2015-08-01.
The heart of the Tuusula municipality and the town of Järvenpää is Lake Tuusulanjärvi, one of the most extensively studied lakes in Finland
- "Welcome to Tuusula". Tuusula municipality website. Municipality of Tuusula. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
The valley along Tuusula-river, and Lake Tuusulanjärvi are the lungs of Hyrylä and significant recreational areas
- "Restoration project". Tuusulanjärvi-hanke. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Measures". Tuusulanjärvi-hanke. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Media related to Lake Tuusulanjärvi at Wikimedia Commons