Lake Valley, California
|County||El Dorado County|
|Elevation||6,207 ft (1,892 m)|
Lake Valley (formerly, Bigler Lake Valley) is an unincorporated community in El Dorado County, California. It extends for 8 miles (13 km) along the Upper Truckee River from Lake Tahoe to Meyers, at an elevation of 6207 feet (1892 m).
The place was founded in or before 1853. There was a pony express remount station at the top of the valley in the early 1860s. There used to be a railroad that ran down Lake Valley and terminated at a pier in Bijou.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lake Valley, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 510. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Pony Express National Historic Trail". National Park Service.
- United States Geological Survey (1891). Pyramid Peak Sheet (JPEG) (Topographic map). 1:125,000. Reston, VA: United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- United States Geological Survey (1891). Markleeville Sheet (JPEG) (Topographic map). 1:125,000. Reston, VA: United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 17, 2018.