Lake Waramaug State Park
|Lake Waramaug State Park|
Lake Waramaug State Park with
Mount Bushnell in the distance
|Location||Kent, Litchfield, Connecticut, United States|
|Area||95 acres (38 ha)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|Governing body||Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|Website||Lake Waramaug State Park|
Lake Waramaug State Park is a 95-acre (38 ha) public recreation area located on the northwest shore of Lake Waramaug in the town of Kent, Litchfield County, Connecticut. The state park's first 75 acres (30 ha) were purchased by the state in 1920. The park offers swimming, fishing, picnicking, camping, and a launch for car-top boating and canoeing.
- "Lake Waramaug State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Appendix A: List of State Parks and Forests" (PDF). State Parks and Forests: Funding. Staff Findings and Recommendations. Connecticut General Assembly. January 23, 2014. p. A-2. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Lake Waramaug State Park". State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. August 18, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- Report of the State Park and Forest Commission to the Governor 1926 (Report). Hartford, Conn.: State of Connecticut. December 30, 1926. p. 16. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Grumet, Robert S. (2013). Manhattan to Minisink: American Indian Place Names of Greater New York and Vicinity. Norman, Okla.: University of Oklahoma Press. p. 178. ISBN 978-0-8061-8913-0.
- "Waramaug Lake Boat Launch". Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. June 5, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- Lake Waramaug State Park Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lake Waramaug State Park.|