Lake Wildwood, California
Location in Nevada County and the state of California
|• Total||3.512 sq mi (9.095 km2)|
|• Land||3.059 sq mi (7.923 km2)|
|• Water||0.453 sq mi (1.172 km2) 12.89%|
|Elevation||1,529 ft (466 m)|
|• Density||1,400/sq mi (550/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1682906|
Lake Wildwood is mainly a gated community and news about the CDP is published in a twice a month newspaper, The Wildwood Independent. Local businesses and residences are listed in the annual "Penn Valley Area Directory" published by "Pine Tree Press".
Lake Wildwood is located at .(39.234885, -121.203026)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2), of which, 3.1 square miles (8.0 km2) of it is land and 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2) of it (12.89%) is water.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Lake Wildwood had a population of 4,991. The population density was 1,421.3 people per square mile (548.8/km²). The racial makeup of Lake Wildwood was 4,726 (94.7%) White, 17 (0.3%) African American, 46 (0.9%) Native American, 56 (1.1%) Asian, 10 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 32 (0.6%) from other races, and 104 (2.1%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 272 persons (5.4%).
The Census reported that 4,988 people (99.9% of the population) lived in households, 3 (0.1%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 2,225 households, out of which 462 (20.8%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 1,463 (65.8%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 125 (5.6%) had a female householder with no husband present, 57 (2.6%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 64 (2.9%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 15 (0.7%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 496 households (22.3%) were made up of individuals and 334 (15.0%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24. There were 1,645 families (73.9% of all households); the average family size was 2.58.
The population was spread out with 843 people (16.9%) under the age of 18, 204 people (4.1%) aged 18 to 24, 689 people (13.8%) aged 25 to 44, 1,412 people (28.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 1,843 people (36.9%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58.4 years. For every 100 females there were 92.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.3 males.
There were 2,641 housing units at an average density of 752.1 per square mile (290.4/km²), of which 1,856 (83.4%) were owner-occupied, and 369 (16.6%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 3.2%; the rental vacancy rate was 6.8%. 3,937 people (78.9% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 1,051 people (21.1%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,868 people, 2,157 households, and 1,688 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,590.5 people per square mile (614.2/km²). There were 2,391 housing units at an average density of 781.2 per square mile (301.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.53% White, 0.23% African American, 0.39% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.18% from other races, and 1.87% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.28% of the population.
There were 2,157 households out of which 18.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.0% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.7% were non-families. 18.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.26 and the average family size was 2.52.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 16.4% under the age of 18, 3.3% from 18 to 24, 13.9% from 25 to 44, 29.6% from 45 to 64, and 36.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 57 years. For every 100 females there were 91.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $58,290, and the median income for a family was $61,972. Males had a median income of $53,162 versus $34,167 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $32,167. About 1.9% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and 1.5% of those age 65 or over.
Lake Wildwood is represented on the Nevada County Board of Supervisors by Republican Hank Weston, a retired fire chief.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 2, 2013.