Location of Lakehead in Shasta County, California.
|• Total||5.279 sq mi (13.672 km2)|
|• Land||4.695 sq mi (12.160 km2)|
|• Water||0.584 sq mi (1.511 km2) 11.06%|
|Elevation||1,447 ft (441 m)|
|• Density||87/sq mi (34/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2628802|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lakehead, California|
Lakehead is a census-designated place (CDP) in Shasta County, California. Lakehead sits at an elevation of 1,447 feet (441 m). Lakehead is located halfway between Seattle and Los Angeles. The 2010 United States census reported Lakehead's population was 461.
Lakehead was established as a CDP for the 2010 census, replacing part of Lakehead-Lakeshore, California CDP.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP covers an area of 5.3 square miles (13.7 km²), 4.7 square miles (12.1 km²) of it is land, and 0.6 square miles (1.5 km²) of it (11.06%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The 2010 United States Census reported that 461 people, 228 households, and 134 families resided in the CDP. The population density was 87.3 people per square mile (33.7/km²). There were 347 housing units at an average density of 65.7 per square mile (25.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.3% White, 2.8% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.7% from other races, and 4.8% from two or more races. 2.4% of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race.
The Census reported that 100% of the population lived in households.
There were 228 households out of which 11.4% had children under the age of 18 living in them, 47.8% were opposite-sex married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 3.5% had a male householder with no wife present. 4.4% of households were unmarried opposite-sex partnerships and 2.2% were same-sex married couples or partnerships. 32.0% of households were made up of individuals and 14.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.02. The average family size was 2.51.
The population was spread out with 9.1% under the age of 18, 5.6% aged 18 to 24, 9.5% aged 25 to 44, 46.9% aged 45 to 64, and 28.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 57.7 years. For every 100 females, there were 114.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.6 males.
There were 347 housing units of which 80.3% were owner-occupied and 19.7% were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 5.6%; the rental vacancy rate was 13.0%. 75.3% of the population lived in owner-occupied housing units and 24.7% lived in rental housing units.
As of March 2019 there were over 700 registered voters in Lakehead.
- U.S. Census Archived 2012-07-14 at WebCite
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lakehead, California
- "Officials Close Roads in Shasta-Trinity National Forest Due to Carr Fire". Redheaded Blackbelt. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- Climate Summary for Lakehead, California
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "2010 Census Interactive Population Search: CA - Lakehead CDP". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Voter Turnout State Senate District 1 Special Election - 03/26/2019".
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.