Noble F. Lee Memorial Field
|Owner||Lakeland Airport Commission|
|Serves||Minocqua / Woodruff, Wisconsin|
|Location||Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin|
|Elevation AMSL||1,629 ft / 497 m|
Lakeland Airport (IATA: ARV, ICAO: KARV, FAA LID: ARV), also known as Noble F. Lee Memorial Field, is a public airport near Arbor Vitae, a town in Vilas County, Wisconsin, United States. The airport is three miles (5 km) northwest of the central business district of Minocqua and northwest of Woodruff, both cities in Oneida County, just south of the Vilas County border. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2019–2023, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility. It is owned by the Lakeland Airport Commission.
Facilities and aircraft
Lakeland Airport covers an area of 520 acres (210 ha) at an elevation of 1,629 feet (497 m) above mean sea level. The airport contains two asphalt paved runways: 18/36 measuring 5,150 x 100 ft (1,570 x 30 m) with approved LOC and GPS approaches and 10/28 measuring 3,602 x 75 ft (1,098 x 23 m) with approved GPS and NDB approaches. The Arbor Vitae NDB navaid, (ARV) frequency 221 kHz, is located on the field.
For the 12-month period ending September 14, 2017, the airport had 27,190 aircraft operations, an average of 74 per day: 88% general aviation, 12% air taxi and less than 1% military. In January 2020, there were 33 aircraft based at this airport: 28 single-engine and 5 multi-engine.
- On May 25, 2003, at 1754 central daylight time, a Piper PA-31P Pressurized Navajo crashed and was destroyed by fire after takeoff from the airport's Runway 36. All four occupants were killed.
- On September 12, 2008, a Cirrus SR22 arriving from General Mitchell International Airport crashed about a half mile southwest of the airport. All three people on board died.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ARV ( PDF), effective January 2, 2020.
- "NPIAS Report 2019-2023 Appendix A" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. October 3, 2018. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- "AirNav: Airport Information".
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120222030525/http://www.wisn.com/news/17456038/detail.html?rss=mil&psp=news. Archived from the original on February 22, 2012. Retrieved September 13, 2008. Missing or empty
- Lakeland-Noble F. Lee Memorial Field (ARV) at Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Lakeland Aviation of Minocqua, Inc. (Fixed-Base Operator at Lakeland Airport, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin) - Owner: T.A. Solberg. Manager, Angie Bishop.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ARV, effective January 2, 2020
- Resources for this airport: