Lakeland High School (New York)
|Lakeland High School|
|1349 East Main Street
Shrub Oak, New York 10588
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Lakeland Central School District|
|Enrollment||1107 (August, 2013)|
|Average class size||22|
|Color(s)||Green and gold|
|Athletics||Section 1 (NYSPHSAA)|
|Rival||Walter Panas High School|
|Accreditation||Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York|
Lakeland High School (LHS), located in Shrub Oak, New York, United States, is a senior high school (grades 9 through 12) with a student population of approximately 1,100. Lakeland High School is part of the Lakeland Central School District. Along with its sister school, Walter Panas High School of Cortlandt Manor, LHS attracts a culturally diverse and talented student body from over 40 square miles (100 km2) in northern Westchester County. The school's colors are gold and green, and its mascot is a hornet.
The Class of 2016 had an unweighted average GPA of 86.31, with a range of 98.35-71.03.
- T.C. Boyle, author, taught at Lakeland High School from 1968 to 1972
- Lawrence Lindsay (1972), economist, former member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, professor at Harvard University
- Herb Trimpe (1957), illustrator responsible for designing the school's mascot
- Melissa Gonzales, member of the USA Women's Olympic Field Hockey Team
- "Feature Detail Report: Lakeland Senior High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Lakeland High School Principal Yurish to Retire at the End of February". Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "New York State School Report Card Comprehensive Education Report" (PDF). NYSED.
- "Lakeland High School at a Glance". Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Lakeland High School Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 8 October 2015.