Lakemba railway station
Southbound view in May 2007
|Location||Railway Parade, Lakemba|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||14.48 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||14 April 1909|
Previously a shunting neck existed to the west of the station allowing services to terminate at Lakemba. This was removed in the 1990s. The original wooden ticket office above the station was demolished after it was heavily damaged by fire and replaced by a modern metal and glass structure in 2001.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Lidcombe & Liverpool via Bankstown|||
Punchbowl Bus Company operates four routes via Lakemba station:
- 450: Sydney Olympic Park/Burwood station to Hurstville station
- 942: Campsie to Lugarno
- 946: Bankstown to Hurstville station
- S14: to Mount Lewis
- Lakemba Station NSWrail.net
- Lakemba Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 450 timetable" (PDF). Punchbowl Bus Co. 22 September 2014.
- "Route 942 timetable" (PDF). Punchbowl Bus Co. 22 September 2014.
- "Route 946 timetable" (PDF). Punchbowl Bus Co. 22 September 2014.
- "Route S14 timetable" (PDF). Punchbowl Bus Co. 22 September 2014.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW