Lakeridge Junior High School
|Lakeridge Junior High School|
|951 S 400 W
Orem, Utah, 84058
|School type||Public Middle school|
|Established||Opened August 1975|
|School district||Alpine School District|
|Grades||7 through 9|
|Color(s)||Cardinal and Gold|
|Feeder to||Mountain View High School and Orem High School|
Lakeridge Junior High School is a school in Orem, Utah that serves 7th to 9th grade students from the southern section of Orem. Students from Lakeridge attend one of two high schools: Mountain View High School and Orem High School.
Lakeridge Junior High opened its doors in August 1975. It won the "Best in State 2008" award for Utah public elementary, middle, and high schools. Lakeridge also won "Best of State 2009" as well and in 2010 and 2011. In 2014 Lakeridge Jr High was nominated for the "National Blue Ribbon" award. This award was won by a landslide due to the efforts of the school as a whole.
Flex time was a trial program begun at Lakeridge in fall 2007. It allowed students with passing grades to participate in enrichment activities for 30 minutes during the day, while students with failing grades could work to improve their performance, which gave students with little time at home an opportunity to complete missing work. The program, still in use at Lakeridge, has been implemented at other Utah schools.
- "School Boundaries". Alpine School District. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- "Lakeridge Junior High School". Lakeridge Junior High School. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- ""What Counts" In Alpine School District". Lakeridge Junior High School. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- "Leopard Spots, October 2007" (PDF). Lakeridge Junior High School. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "Mormon World Records". Paul Skousen. Retrieved 2009-04-20.
|This Utah-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|