Lakes High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Lakes High School|
|10320 Farwest Dr. SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
|Motto||"Home of the Lancers"|
|School district||Clover Park No. 400|
|Number of students||1500|
|Color(s)||Royal blue and burnt orange|
|Athletics||Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Cross Country, Swimming, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track, Wrestling, Water Polo|
|Rival||Clover Park High School|
Every year, Lakes participates in the Pierce County Daffodil Festival. A competition is held in house to select the Lakes Princess, who goes on to compete against other regional schools, for the Daffodil Festival Queen title. The Queen title is considered the highest honor of the regional festival. The Lakes band accompanies the float of Lakes princesses every year in the parade, held annually in April.
The Lakes football team has had several championship-level seasons. The team won the state championship in 1997, was a state champion runner-up in 2000, placed third in 3A WIAA State playoffs in 1999, 2002, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2015. The Lancers also produced a regular season winning streak of 45 games during 1999-2003 before losing to Clover Park High School. The football team won the league championship in 1970, 1973, 1974, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Lakes' choral program was organized in the fall of 1962 by Edward R. Harmic.
- Rick Austin - Former MLB player (Cleveland Indians, Milwaukee Brewers)
- Reggie Williams - Former wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Steve Wilson - Local TV actor, director, and comedian on Almost Live!
- Anthony Russo - Wide receiver for the University of Washington and Seattle Seahawks
- Wanz - Grammy-nominated hip hop artist
- Donald Glaude - Electronic music artist
- Cristian Adams (track and field) - 1999 Washington State 3A 400 meter Champ University of Washington member of 2004 1600 meter National Relay team.
- Jermaine Kearse - Wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks
- Zach Banner - Offensive tackle for the USC Trojans
- Drew Miller - American football player
- Ethan HD - Professional wrestler
- Chris Reynolds - wide receiver & defensive back for the Arena Football League
- Robert Cray - American Blues Musician/Guitarist
- Georgeann Hawkins - Former Daffodil Princess and victim of serial killer Ted Bundy
- Daffodil Festival Queens
- Clover Park School District
- Lakes High School Homepage
- Lakes High School Sports Homepage
- Tim, Marsh (2010-06-01). "Story behind Lakes burnt orange and royal blue colors". The Suburban Times. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- Condotta, Bob (2007-11-09). "UW Football: Numbers prove Russo caught on". Seattle Times. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Player Bio: Cristian Adams". Retrieved 2011-06-19.