Lakes on Eldridge, Texas
Lakes on Eldridge opened in 1995 while Lakes on Eldridge North opened in 2000, with building out completed in 2006.
As of 2013[update] Lakes on Eldridge has 750-800 houses, on a total of 343 acres (139 ha) of land. As of 2017[update] housing prices ranged between $300,000 and $1,500,000. Pocket parks serve sections of the community, and it also has a volleyball court, a clubhouse, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, and tennis courts with lighting.
Lakes on Eldridge North has over 1,000 houses. It has a fitness center, a playground, and a volleyball court. It also has three tennis courts with lighting and two swimming pools.
The community is within the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, and is zoned to Shirley Kirk Elementary School, Truitt Middle School, and Cypress Ridge High School. Kirk Elementary, named after teacher Shirley Kirk (October 8, 1930-February 11, 2015), opened in 2000. The namesake worked for the district until she retired in 1994.
Awty International School, which includes Houston's French international school; and the British International School of Houston, maintain school bus services to Lakes on Eldridge. As of 2019[update] The Village School also has a bus service to/from Lakes on Eldridge and Lakes on Eldridge North.
- "Lakes on Eldridge Street Map." Lakes on Eldridge. Retrieved on September 30, 2018.
- Map of Houston. City of Houston. Retrieved on September 30, 2018. The map shows that the area is not in the Houston city limits.
- Rose, Cheryl P. (2013-10-04). "Community Spotlight: Lakes on Eldridge subdivisions have different vibes". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-09-30. The article includes information on the British School and Awty bus services.
- Feser, Katherine (2004-01-04). "'Resort' living marks Lakes on Eldridge". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- Satija, Neena; Kiah Collier (2017-10-12). "Houston officials let developers build homes inside reservoirs. But no one warned buyers". Texas Tribune. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Attendance Zone Map." Kirk Elementary School. Retrieved on September 30, 2018. See also Overall CFISD elementary zone map
- "Middle School Attendance Zones." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on September 30, 2018.
- High school attendance zones: grades 9-10, 11, and 12. Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on September 30, 2018.
- "OBITUARY Shirley Ann Kirk." Dignity Memorial (funeral home). Retrieved on April 6, 2019.
- "Kirk Elementary." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on April 6, 2019.
- "History." Kirk Elementary School. Retrieved on April 6, 2019.
- "School Bus Transportation". British International School of Houston. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Bus Schedule 2017-2018" (PDF). Awty International School. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Bus Services". The Village School. Retrieved 2019-03-30. - Village Bus Routes 2018-2019 and Eldridge Bus Routes
|This Houston-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|