|• Mayor||Jyoti Gondek|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Kourtney Branagan|
|• Total||2.3 km2 (0.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• Average Income||$64,535|
Residences south of 66th Avenue are part of a smaller development named Lakeview Village, which features larger, more expensive homes. East of Crowchild Trail SW with the Earl Grey Golf Course, Longridge Drive and 50th Ave SW, North Glenmore Park is often mistakenly referred to as Lakeview. The community was built in 1960.
The community was founded in 1962, six years after the city of Calgary annexed the land it was built on. The name Lakeview was chosen because of the view of Glenmore Reservoir its location afforded. Many of the original homes were built by Engineered Homes Ltd. of Calgary.
The Calgary Rowing Club and Calgary Canoe Club are located in the south of the community, adjacent to the Glenmore Reservoir. Numerous hiking and cycling trails are maintained on the shores of the Reservoir, between the Weaselhead flats and Glenmore Trail.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Lakeview had a population of 5,468 living in 2,338 dwellings, a -0.6% increase from its 2011 population of 5,501. With a land area of 2.2 km2 (0.85 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,490/km2 (6,440/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $64,535 in 2000, and there were 5.2% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillor.
Unusually, residents living east of 30th Street may also have membership with the neighbouring North Glenmore Park Community Association.
The main schools in this community are:
- Connect Charter School
- Bishop Pinkham Junior High School
- Jennie Elliott Elementary School
- Calgary Girls' School
The closest separate school is St.James Elementary & Junior High School
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Lakeview Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-07.