Lakeville South High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Lakeville South High School|
|21135 Jacquard Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||ISD 194|
|Faculty||Bachelors Degree: 19%. Masters Degree: 81%.|
|Color(s)||Cardinal Red, Vegas Gold, Black|
|Rival||Lakeville North High School|
Lakeville South High School (LSHS) is a high school located Lakeville, Minnesota, United States. To meet the needs of a growing population, in the early 2000s the district began construction of LSHS. LSHS enrolled students for the first time in fall 2005.
The school is a member of Minnesota Independent School District 194 (Lakeville Area Public Schools), and is affiliated with the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL). The school is a member of the South Suburban Conference.
Lakeville South High School is ranked silver under the U.S. News rankings and is currently ranked 11th in the state of Minnesota for top high schools. Since its founding in 2005, Lakeville South High School has had 10 National Merit Scholar Semi Finalists and five students achieving a perfect 36 on the ACT. In 2011, the school's average ACT score was 24.2, compared to the 22.9 state score and the 21.9 national score. On average, 78.9% of Lakeville South's student pass their AP (Advanced Placement) exams in the spring.
The school competes under the Minnesota State High School League and is a member of the competitive South Suburban Conference. The school was in the Lake Conference until 2009-2010. Some notable interscholastic athletic successes include:
- 2006 State Runner-up - football
- 2006 Lake Conference Cheerleading Champions
- 2007 Nike Outdoor Nationals Mens Distance Medley 9th place-Track (state record time)
- 2007 State Champions - Girls Soccer
- 2008 State Champions - Girls Alpine Skiing
- 2008 State Record in 200 Freestyle Relay - Girls Swimming
- 2009 State Co-Champions - Girls Alpine Skiing
- 2010 State Champions - Girls Alpine Skiing
- 2012 State 3rd Place - Boys Hockey
- 2012 State Champions - Girls Track and Field
- Relerford, Patrice (2008-05-17). "No balancing act for Chaska, Chanhassen". Star Tribune. Chris Harte. p. 2. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Home". Lakeville South High School. Lakeville Area Public School District. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-11.