Lakewood Ranch, Florida
|Established||February 24, 1994|
|• Type||CDD and HOA|
|• Total||8.59 sq mi (22.26 km2)|
|Elevation||30 ft (9 m)|
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (EDT)|
34202, 34211, 34240
|GNIS feature ID||2571108|
Lakewood Ranch is a master planned community located in southeastern Manatee County and northeastern Sarasota County Florida, United States consisting of approximately 5,500 acres (2,200 ha). It is part of the North Port-Bradenton-Sarasota, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The first neighborhood development, Summerfield, was built and completed in 1995. The population for the 34202 ZIP Code Tabulation Area, one of the three zipcodes where Lakewood Ranch resides, was 19,816 at the 2010 U.S. Census.
Lakewood Ranch is maintained through five community development districts (CDD). The CDDs main powers are to plan, finance, construct, operate, and maintain community-wide infrastructure and services specifically for the benefit of its residents.
The Lakewood Ranch Inter-District Authority (IDA) was created to operate Town Hall and provide administrative, financial, and operations/maintenance services to the Lakewood Ranch CDDs. The IDA is composed of one representative from each CDD.
Schools located near Lakewood Ranch:
- Lakewood Ranch High School
- Braden River High School
- Braden River Middle School
- R. Dan Nolan Middle School
- Carlos E. Haile Middle School
- Gilbert W. McNeal Elementary School
- Robert Willis Elementary School
- Braden River Elementary School
- B. D. Gullet Elementary School
- Freedom Elementary School
- Imagine School At Lakewoodranch
- Out-of-Door Academy
- Sea of Strengths Academy
- Pinnacle Academy
- The Goddard School
- Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy
- Providence Community School
- State College of Florida, Manatee–Sarasota
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- Keiser University
- Manatee Technical College
- Meridian College
- "Ordinance No. 94-07 - Establishment of Lakewood Ranch Community Development District 1 (CDD1)" (PDF). Manatee County Government. February 24, 1994. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- "SMR Farms". Schroeder-Manatee Ranch, Inc. (SMR) Farms. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- "Lakewood Ranch". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. September 21, 2009. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "The History of SMR Farms". Schroeder-Manatee Ranch, Inc. (SMR) Farms. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- "American FactFinder - Community Facts for 34202". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "LWR:CDD". Lakewood Ranch Inter-District Authority. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- "LWR:IDA". Lakewood Ranch Inter-District Authority. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- Lisa Marie Lentz. "Lakewood Ranch Rounds up Residents", The Bradenton Herald, October 15, 2003, pp. 13C.
|This Manatee County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sarasota County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|