|Pushkaraj Shenai(CEO Lakmé)|
Shraddha Kapoor (ambassador)
|Products||Cosmetics, beauty products, and Salon services|
Lakmé is an Indian cosmetics brand which is owned by Hindustan Unilever. Having Kareena Kapoor and Ananya Pandey as the ambassador, it ranked at number 1 among the cosmetics brands in India.   Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (Tomco). It was named after the French opera Lakmé, which itself is the French form of Lakshmi (the goddess of wealth) who is renowned for her beauty. It was started in 1952 famously, because then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. Simone Tata joined the company as director and went on to become the chairperson. In 1996, Tata sold off their stakes in Lakmé Lever to HUL, for Rs 200 Crore(45 million US$).
In the Brand Trust Report 2012, Lakme was ranked 104th among India's most trusted brands and following year it was ranked 71st on the list. In 2014, Lakme was ranked 36th among India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014. The company is the title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) a bi-annual fashion event which takes place in Mumbai.
- "Shraddha Kapoor turns brand ambassador for Lakme". The Indian Express. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- "India's biggest cosmetic brand signs Ananya Panday as their brand endorser". Mid Day.
- "Top Cosmetic Brands in India". top10companiesinindia.co.in. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Top 10 Cosmetic Brands in India". mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Make in India: 10 Indian brands at par with foreign brands". India Today. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Simone Tata". The Sunday Indian. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Amarnath & Ghosh; Nischinta Amarnath; Debashish Ghosh (2005). The voyage to excellence: the ascent of 21 women leaders of India IncHello. Pustak Mahal. p. 214. ISBN 81-223-0904-6.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014". Trust Research Advisory. Archived from the original on 2 May 2015.
- "Fashion business poised for dramatic growth: FDCI". Times of India. 2 August 2002. Retrieved 1 April 2012.