Lakota High School (West Chester, Ohio)
Lakota High School was a high school in the Lakota School District in Butler County, Ohio; it encompasses both West Chester (formerly Union) Township and Liberty Township. The Thunderbird was the Lakota mascot, drawing on the Native American name, T-Birds being a common nickname.
Much of the district was rural when originally established, especially the more northern Liberty Township, but became predominately suburban with population growth and the expansion of metropolitan Cincinnati, Ohio. The school was built in 1959. It eventually split into two high schools in 1997: Lakota East High School and Lakota West High School.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Troy Evans, former NFL athlete with Houston Texans and New Orleans Saints.
- Keith Gregor, former basketball player for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats.
- J.B. Reafsnyder, Lawyer, former professional basketball player in Europe and college basketball player for the Syracuse University Orange.
- Jeremy Heath, Businessman, graduate of the University of Tennessee.
- Brooke Wyckoff, former basketball player for the Florida State Seminoles and now-defunct Orlando Miracle. Brooke is now playing professional basketball in Spain.
- "History of Lakota: Construction History". Lakota Local School. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- "Lakota Freshman School website". Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- "Lakota Local Schools - district website". Retrieved 2007-11-19.
|This Butler County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|