|• Total||17 km2 (7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||287 m (942 ft)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UK 17, UK08|
Laksar is a small city situated at the Delhi-Haridwar NH 346.it is a Nagar Palika in Haridwar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is an important sugar manufacturing destination in the state and also known for the Laksar Junction railway station (LRJ), which the largest railway junction in the state, built in 1866.In a huge population the Gurjar community all around the city and rural areas.
Laksar has an average elevation of 227 metres (745 feet). It is situated between the towns of Khanpur and Sultanpur, and close to the towns of Pathri, Jhabrera and Roorkee in Haridwar district. it is also known for freedom fighter Late. Sri Ratan Singh Gurjar
The whole area around Laksar is dominated by Gurjar,community and the current MLA is Sanjay Gupta, prior to him as follow :-
- 2002: Kunwar Pranav Singh 'Champion', Independent Politician
- 2007: Kunwar Pranav Singh 'Champion', Indian National Congress
- 2012: Sanjay Gupta, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2017: Sanjay Gupta, Bharatiya Janata Party
This is a political hub in whole district.Another famous political persons like farmer leader Choudhary kirat Singh,Choudhary Rafal singh,BJP leader Advocate Satendra choudhary and Former student leader Nishchey Verma are known for their working mechanism.
As of 2001[update] India census, Laksar had a population of 18,240. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Laksar has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 59%. In Laksar, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Laksar is well connected by road with Haridwar, Saharanpur, and Roorkee cities, and Laksar Junction Railway Station lies within the city. It was first connected with city of Haridwar through branch line in 1886, when the Awadh and Rohilakhand Railway line was extended through Roorkee to Saharanpur, this was later extended to Dehradun in 1900.
Important tourist places
- Prachin Shiv Mandir simli laksar.
- Shiv Shakti Siddh peeth village laksar
- Ban Ganga Wetland
- Paulada baba(bawaji maharaj) Temple in Bhowawali village
- Panchleshwarnath Mahadev Temple
- Prachin Bhola-Parvati Pathleshwar Temple
- Jata Shankar Mahadev Temple Khanpur
- Prachin shiv Temple Simli Laksar
- Sugar mill
- j.k.tyres limited
- Pilli Kothi Sugar Mill
- Holi Cross Church Shivpury laksar
- New Modal Bus Stand Old Church Sugar Mills Laksar
- Indra ground laksar
- the historic village is kuankhera .
- Hoons /Huns livs here.
- prachin kali mandir village Kuakhera
- City page of Laksar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Trade and Communications The Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 21, p. 375.
- Haridwar district
- Local Administration
- Laksar- Uttarakhand Election Commission of India, State Elections 2007.