|Elevation||287 m (942 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UK 17|
Laksar is a town and a panchayat in Haridwar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is an important sugar manufacturing destination in the state and also known for the Laksar Junction Railway station (LRJ), which the largest Railway Junction in the state, built in 1866.
Laksar is located at  It has an average elevation of 227 metres (745 feet). It is situated between the towns of Khanpur and Sultanpur, and close to the towns of Pathri, Jhabrera and Roorkee in Haridwar district..
The whole area around Laksar is dominated by Gurjar,community and the current MLA is Shri Sanjay Gupta.
As of 2001[update] India census, Laksar had a population of 18,240. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Laksar has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 59%. In Laksar, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Laksar is well connected by road with Haridwar, Saharanpur, and Roorkee cities, and Laksar Junction Railway Station lies within the city. It was first connected with city of Haridwar through branch line in 1886, when the Awadh and Rohilakhand Railway line was extended through Roorkee to Saharanpur, this was later extended to Dehradun in 1900.
Nagar Panchayat elections were held in Laksar first time in the year 1995, and the first Chairman of Laksar was Smt Lalita Agarwal. The current MLA of Laksar is Shri Sanjay Gupta, in his first tenure from the Laksar region.
Important tourist places
- Prachin Shiv Mandir village laksar
- Shiv Shakti Siddh peeth village laksar
- Ban Ganga Wetland
- Paulada baba(bawaji maharaj) Temple in Bhowawali village
- Panchleshwarnath Mahadev Temple
- Prachin Bhola-Parvati Pathleshwar Temple
- Jata Shankar Mahadev Temple Khanpur
- Prachin shiv Temple Simli Laksar
- Sugar mill
- Birla tyres limited
- Pilli Kothi Sugar Mill
- Shri Radhe Krishna Temple(Haridwar Road) Town Laksar
- Holi Cross Church Shivpury laksar
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Laksar
- City page of Laksar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Trade and Communications The Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 21, p. 375.
- Haridwar district
- Local Administration
- Laksar- Uttarakhand Election Commission of India, State Elections 2007.