Lakshyam (2007 film)
|Produced by||Nallamalupu Srinivas (Bujji)|
|Written by||M. Ratnam (dialogues)|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Cinematography||Sekhar V. Joseph|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
Lakshyam (English: Target) is a 2007 Indian Telugu-language action film produced by Nallamalupu Srinivas (Bujji) and directed by Srivass, starring Gopichand, Jagapathi Babu, Yashpal Sharma and Anushka Shetty in lead roles. The music was composed by Mani Sharma. It was later remade in Tamil as Maanja Velu, in Bengali as Fighter and in Kannada as Varadhanayaka.
The film starts with a flashback in Hyderabad. ACP Bose (Jagapati Babu) is a sincere police officer who is happily married and lives with his parents and younger brother Chandu (Gopichand). Chandu is a college student who falls in love with his classmate Indu (Anushka).
Enters Section Shankar (Yashpal Sharma), who is notorious for settlements and deals. He kills anyone who comes in his way and does not leave any evidence or witness behind. He takes a loan of ₹100 crores from a private bank with the help of a conniving DGP and a politician. The man who kills Shankar's chairman is Chandu's classmate Shafi (Amit Tiwari), who lusts for Indu. He requests Shankar that he needs Indu as his wife. So on the day of his idol opening, he sends his goons to kidnap her. Shankar's plan fails as Chandu arrives at the place and fights with him and his goons. When Shafi comes to meet Shankar, he gives his next plan, which is to kidnap her again on the next chance. When Chandu is with his brother at the police station, Indu invites him to her hometown to attend her cousin's wedding. Shafi, who awaited for the next chance to kidnap her, gets a chance, and Shankar's goons again come to kidnap Indu. Unfortunately, Chandu gets stabbed by a goon and sends Indu with Shafi. Shafi takes Indu to Shankar's house and locks her.
Bose arrests the private bank manager (Surya) on an intention to know the reason behind the chairman's death. Now Shankar and the DIG (Devraj) have no idea where Bose has taken the manager. For finding the location where the manager is, Shafi calls Bose and informs that Chandu met with an accident, for which Bose replies to him to take Chandu to the general hospital. When the manager was about to reveal the secret behind chairman's death, Shankar, Shafi, and the DIG arrive at the mortuary, kill Bose and the manager, and hide Bose to frame him for the murder of both the chairman and manager. At the same time, the DIG reports to the media that Bose had done all the misdeeds for the huge amount of money the customers invested. What transpires then forms the rest of the story.
- Gopichand as Chandu
- Jagapati Babu as ACP Bose
- Anushka as Indu
- Yashpal Sharma as Section Shankar
- Amit Tiwari as Shafi
- Ashish Vidyarthi as New DIG
- Devraj as DIG
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Chandu & Bose's father
- Kalyani as Bose's wife
- Brahmanandam as Restaurant Owner
- Ali as Bokkana
- Venu Madhav as Venu
- Ahuti Prasad as Indu's father
- Surya as Bank Manager
- Raghu Babu as Shankar's henchman
- Ravi Babu as Pawan
- Chalapathi Rao as Pawan's father
- Srinivasa Reddy as Pawan's friend
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as police officer supporting Chandu and Bose
- Shankar Melkote
- Lakshmipati as Indu's father's assistant
- Fish Venkat
- Vijaya Singh
- Padma Jayanthi
- Vinitha Rao
- Baby Kalvi Mitra as Pinky
- Direction: Srivass
- Producer: Nallamalupu Srinivas
- Music: Mani Sarma
- Cinematography: Sekhar V Joseph
- Dialogues: M Ratnam
- Art: Chinna
- Lyrics: Chandrabose
- Editing: Gautham Raju
- Fights: Ram-Lakshman & Vijay
- Co-Screenplay Writer: Gopimohan
- Release Date: 05.07.2007
- Banner: Sri Lakshminarasimha Productions
|Film score by|
|Released||10 June 2007|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
Music composed by Mani Sharma. All songs are hit tracks. Music released on ADITYA Music Company.
|1.||"Sukku Sukku"||Chandrabose||Tippu, Sujatha||4:11|
|2.||"Chekkara Keli"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Karthik, Shreya Ghoshal||4:24|
|3.||"Gullo Devudu"||Chandrabose||Madhu Balakrishnan||4:16|
|6.||"Sukku Sukku (Remix)"||Chandrabose||Tippu,Sujatha||3:54|
- Anushka's popularity increased because of her glamorous role in the movie and it was declared a Super Hit at the box office.
- Jagapathi Babu won the Nandi Award for Best Supporting Actor and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Telugu for his role.
- The movie also won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film- bronze
- Movies: Movie Trade: Lakshyam's new record Archived 17 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Nandi awards 2007 announced - Telugu cinema news". www.idlebrain.com.