Lal Babu Pandit
|Lal Babu Pandit|
|लाल बाबु पण्डित|
|Minister of General Administration of Nepal|
25 February 2014
|President||Ram Baran Yadav|
|Prime Minister||Sushil Koirala|
|Vice President||Parmanand Jha|
|Born||Sarlahi, Nepalese Mithila, Nepal|
|Political party||Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist–Leninist)|
Lal Babu Pandit, is a Nepalese politician from Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist–Leninist) who assumed the post of the Minister of General Administration on 25 February 2014 under Sushil Koirala-led government.
Action against PR and Green Card holder citizens
In 2014 he garnered attention for creating a list of 1,100 senior government officials who hold permanent residency in foreign countries and announced to take action against the people on the list. He claimed that he received a number of death threats for his controversial action to disallow PR holding government officials from the service.
Action against dilly-dallying government employees
He has warned of taking action against the employees who dillydally while providing services to the service seekers during the government’s new administrative system of twelve-hour-long service which includes two shifts in a day.
- "18 Ministers sworn-in, Cabinet meeting held". My Republica. 25 February 2014. Archived from the original on 20 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Nepali Times | The Brief » Blog Archive » Meet the new cabinet of Ministers". Nepali Times. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Workshop on Contentious Issues through Dialogue Facilitation with the Senior Constituent Assembly members and Senior Political Leaders". Support to Participatory Constitution Building Process in Nepal. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Ca Members - Constituent Assembly of Nepal" (in np). Constituent Assembly of Nepal. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "'Govt officials possessing green card won't be spared'". Kantipuronline.com. 2014-03-30. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Minister Pandit's crusade against civil servants with dual nationality gets wider support". Nepalupclose.com. 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "US envoy meets Minister Pandit". Kathmandu post. 2014-04-05. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Got a green card? | On Saturday | :: The Kathmandu Post ::". ekantipur.com. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Interview with LalBab uPandit". http://www.sydneynepal.com/nepal/interview-lal-babu-pandit-minister-receives-death-threats/. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
|last1=in Authors list (help); External link in
- "Dilly-dallying employees to face action: Minister Pandit". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|This article about a Nepalese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|