Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi
लाल बहादुर शास्त्री अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डा
|IATA: VNS – ICAO: VEBN|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||266 ft / 81 m|
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi International Airport (IATA: VNS, ICAO: VEBN) is a public airport located at Babatpur 26 km (16 mi) northwest of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Formerly known as Varanasi Airport, it was officially renamed Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport in October 2005.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Agra (resumes 1 October 2016), Bhubaneswar, Gaya, Delhi, Mumbai, Khajuraho|
|Air India Express||Sharjah|
|IndiGo||Bengaluru, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai,|
operated by JetKonnect
|SpiceJet||Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai|
operated by Mihin Lanka
|Thai AirAsia||Charter: Bangkok-Don Mueang |
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Airports Authority of India". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Varanasi Airport renamed". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 20 October 2005.
- TNN Oct 4, 2012 (2012-10-04). "Cabinet grants international airport status to five airports". ET. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "SpiceJet Adds New Flights and Frequencies Starting October 15, Including First Direct (non-stop) Flights Connecting Varanasi to Mumbai and Hyderabad". Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Thai AirAsia Adds Schedules India Charter Flights from Feb 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Vistara airline opens sales office in Dubai". Business Standard. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Vistara’s Grand opening in Dubai". Aviator Flight. 14 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Varanasi Airport.|
- Varanasi Airport at Airports Authority of India web site
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport - India Airport Global Website
- Kanpur Airport