Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (February 2011)|
|Motto||योगः कर्मसु कौशलम्
(Yoga Karmasu Kaushālam)
Motto in English
|Location||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Affiliations||All India Council for Technical Education|
Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology, Moga (commonly known as LLRIET) is in the city Moga of the Indian state of Punjab. The institute was set up in 1998, under the supervision of Shiva Educational Trust. The college started functioning beginning with the session 1998-1999 after approval from the Punjab government and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The LLRIET is located at ghal Kalan which is 8KM from Moga. Campus is spread over 6 acres of land.Campus is divided into cluster of building.The campus is extremely clean and green.The campus has state-of-art classroom and labs.LLRIET has centrally air conditioned and well stocked library.There are 3 boys hostel and 2 girls hostel.The institution has cricket ground and volleyball, basketball courts.
LLRIET Moga offers full-time, four-year undergraduate (Bachelor's degree) program in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Master of Technology (M.Tech) degrees are offered with the following specializations:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
Campus wifi provides students with well-equipped computer labs to make use of internet facility. The objective is to keep us abreast of utilization of IT knowledge in all academic and research activities. The campus provides Internet bandwidth of 40 Mbit/s, dedicated leased line (1:1) 24 hours a day. The campus has both wired and controlled Wi-fi connectivity extending over academic blocks, library as well as Hostels. Online ups system is available to provide uninterrupted power supply to all the computer systems.
The institute has a central library which cater the needs of students of all the branches and courses. It is centrally air conditioned and has reading lounges having capacity of about 200 students. The library is stocked with 21,322 books, 104 national/international journals & magazines and 7 newspapers.
The institute has sufficient arrangement for the residential students with separate one girls' and three boys' hostels with the provision of 3-and 4-seater well-furnished rooms. Well-ventilated dining mess to accommodate 100 persons at a time. Round the clock availability of electricity & water. Recreation facilities like indoor games, TV room etc. For the comfort of the hostelers the hostel rooms are fitted with water coolers and have bathroom .
The campus gymnasium is a center of attraction for all the sports lovers of the institutes. For the recreation and physical fitness of students, the gymnasium has been established separately both in girls and boys hostel. The Gymnasium is equipped with all the modern and sophisticated equipment for exercise, which are made available for students and it remains open in the morning and in the evening.
The college has its own dispensary which provides all medical facilities to the students (0900 hrs to 1300 hrs). In addition to attendance to routine ailments, special attention is paid to the over-all health of the students. For taking a special care of the girl students and to cater to their emergency needs a lady-doctor has been performing her duties efficiently since the inception of the college.We have tie-up with eminent local doctors and hospitals for handling emergency cases. ICICI Bank ATM counter is also available in the campus. The students can make transaction round the clock. The Institute owns 50+ buses running from various cities of Punjab in order to reduce the day scholars dependence on public transport.
- Astron is the annual techno-cultural fest of LLRIET held to give the students exposure to technical expects. It is generally organised in the even semester, in the month of February. It is a three-day event and it features the events ranging from technical, cultural, literary & fun. Last year this fest was held on 28 March 2013.
- Vibrations, the annual function of LLRIET, has always been an event of beauty and vibrancy. This mega-event has students performing cultural activities. It is the day when merit is recognized, encouraged and rewarded.
- Aghaaz is the annual Freshers party being organized to celebrate the commence of the course of the new students taking admission in the college. It is celebrated in a huge fun-fare manner. Students from all the branch take part in the various competition and showcase their talent in this ceremony.
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology (LLRIET) – official website
- PTU official website
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering & Technology Moga - LLRIET Moga Punjab