Lalganj, Bihar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Lalganj (Vidhan Sabha constituency))
For other uses, see Lalganj.
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||21. Hajipur (SC)|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
Contests in most years have involved multiple candidates, of which the first- and second-placed have been as follows:
- October 2005: Vijay Kumar Shukla of JD(U) defeated Raj Kumar Sah of RJD
- February 2005: Vijay Kumar Shukla of Lok Janshakti Party defeated Veena Devi of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)
- 2000: Vijay Shukal, independent, defeated Raj Kumar Sah of RJD
- 1995: Yogendra Prasad Sahu of Janata Dal (JD) defeated Bharat Prasad Singh of Indian National Congress
- 1990: Kedar Nath Prasad of JD defeated Bharat Prasad Singh of Congress
- 1985: Bharat Prasad Singh of Congress defeated Kedar Nath Prasad of Lok Dal
- 1980: Laliteshwar Prasad Shahi of Congress defeated Jay Narayan Prasad Nisad of Janata Party (Secular – Charan Singh)
- 1977: Arun Kumar Sinha of Janata Party defeated Umesh Prasad Singh of Congress in 1977
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Bihar - Lalganj". Bihar Assembly Elections Nov 2010 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "51 - Lalganj Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2011-02-07.