Lalganj, Bihar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||21. Hajipur (SC)|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
- 2015: Rajkumar sah of Lokjanshakti party headed by Mr. Ramvilash paswan, has won the legislative election by a huge margin of 20293.
Mr. sah had defeated Munna shukla aka vijay kumar shukla of JDU. Rajkumar sah got 80842 votes while Mr. shukla got 60549 votes. In this assembly election BJP was in alliance with LJP, HAM and RLSP while the other end was Mahagathbandhan alliance of Congress, JDU and RJD.
Contests in most years have involved multiple candidates, of which the first- and second-placed have been as follows:
- October 2005: Vijay Kumar Shukla of JD(U) defeated Raj Kumar Sah of RJD
- February 2005: Vijay Kumar Shukla of Lok Janshakti Party defeated Veena Devi of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)
- 2000: Vijay Shukal, independent, defeated Raj Kumar Sah of RJD
- 1995: Yogendra Prasad Sahu of Janata Dal (JD) defeated Bharat Prasad Singh of Indian National Congress
- 1990: Kedar Nath Prasad of JD defeated Bharat Prasad Singh of Congress
- 1985: Bharat Prasad Singh of Congress defeated Kedar Nath Prasad of Lok Dal
- 1980: Laliteshwar Prasad Shahi of Congress defeated Jay Narayan Prasad Nisad of Janata Party (Secular – Charan Singh)
- 1977: Arun Kumar Sinha of Janata Party defeated Umesh Prasad Singh of Congress in 1977
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Bihar - Lalganj". Bihar Assembly Elections Nov 2010 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "51 - Lalganj Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2011-02-07.