Lalit Kala Akademi
|Formation||March 11, 1954|
|Headquarters||Rabindra Bhawan, Delhi|
|Ministry of Culture, Government of India|
The Lalit Kala Akademi or National Academy of Art is India's national academy of fine arts. It is an autonomous organisation, established in New Delhi in 1954 by Government of India to promote and propagate understanding of Indian art, in and outside the country.
LKA provides scholarships and a fellow program, and sponsors and organises exhibitions in India and overseas. It publishes a bilingual journal. It is funded by the Union Ministry of Culture. Its headquarters are at Ravindra Bhawan, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi. In April 2015, Government of India took over management control of Lalit Kala Akademi citing complaints regarding alleged administrative and financial irregularities in its functioning.
- Since the Government has taken over, at present former Chairman of Karnataka Lalitkala Academy CS Krishna Setty, a well known artist and art critic is heading LKA as Administrator.
- The former protem chairman of LKA was artist Balan Nambiar.
- Ashok Vajpeyi (April 2008-December 2011)
On 16 September 2014, Lalit Kala Akademi's 60th anniversary was marked by an event, "Spirit of Delhi", where poets and artists showcased their exclusive artwork.
National Art Award
The National Art Award is one of the awards and honours in India and Asia awarded by Lalit Kala Akademi.
- http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/govt-takes-over-lalit-kala-akademi-s-management-115040601123_1.html. Missing or empty
- About us
- "General Council Members". Official website. Archived from the original on 2014-07-15.
- "Arty soul: Lalit Kala Akademi Chairman Ashok Vajpeyi..". The Hindu. Dec 24, 2010.
- "Artists highlight the glory of Delhi through poetry-paintings". ANI News.
- Official Lalit Kala Akademi website
- Uttar Pradesh Lalit Kala Akademi website
- OpenArt India website — confederation of Indian artists, fine arts, and crafts.
|This Delhi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|