This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
K. K. Lalitha Bai (her official name) was also the Head of the Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. In addition, she was a member in the Senate and Academic Council of the University of Kerala, General Council of Kerala Sahitya Academy, Jansikshan Sansthan Management Board, Governing Body of the State Institute of Children's Literature, State Resource Centre, Kerala State Core Group on Continuing Education. She was also a member of the Governing Body of the State Institute of Languages.
Lalitha Lenin was born in 1946 at Thrithalloor, Thrissur, Kerala. She is married to Mr. K. M. Lenin who is also a writer and columnist dealing with international affairs. Her son, Anil Lale and her daughter-in-law Bidushi Lale are both lawyers and are working in Mumbai.
She was awarded the Dr. S.R. Ranganathan Gold Medal for securing first Rank in Master of Library Science Degree Examination from the University of Mysore in 1976. She joined as Assistant Librarian at Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, Thrissur in 1977. In 1979, she became a lecturer at Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kerala. From 1990 to 1995 she served as the Head of the Department.
She retired as Associate Professor from the Department on 31 March 2006.
Lenin has been contributing poems, short-stories and articles to mainstream periodicals since 1971.
- Karingili (1976)
- Karkidavaavu (1995)
- Namukku Praarthikkaam (2000)
- Kadal (poems for children) (2000)
- Minnu (novel for children)
- Lyrics for Mahabali, Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan (1987).
- Script for a documentary on Library Movement in Kerala, produced for Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan(1988).
- Stories for two television serials Oridathorikkal (1990) and Mookkuthiyum Manchadiyum (1998) in Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan.
- Presentation of the Television Programme Aksharam (16 episodes) in Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan (1999).
- Judge on Kairali TV's poetry based reality show Mampazham (2010)
- Puthiya Vaayana, a book on reading for women.
- Public Library Sevanam (2006) (Tr. of Public Library Service: IFLA/UNESCO Guidelines for Development, Munchen: K.G. Saur, 2001)
- Bhoodaivangal (Tr. of The Earth Gods) in the Malayalam translation of Works of Kahlil Gibran. Kottayam, DC Books, 2002
She has 12 papers in the discipline of Library and Information Science to her credit.
Lalitha Lenin's book, Minnu, was awarded the Kerala Sahitya Academy Award for children's literature in 1986. She is also a recipient of the Abudhabi Shakti Award for poetry in 1996 and the Moolur Award for poetry in 2001.
- "Official Web Site of Kerala Library Association". www.keralalibraryassociation.org. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Lalitha Lenin | Library@Kendriya Vidyalaya Pattom". Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- www.lalithalenin.in http://www.lalithalenin.in/. Retrieved 25 May 2019. Missing or empty