|Region||Flores and Solor|
Lamaholot, also known as Solor or Solorese, is a Central Malayo-Polynesian dialect cluster of Flores, Indonesia. The varieties may not be all mutually intelligible; Keraf (1978) reports that there are 18 languages under the name.
Various Lamaholot dialects are presented as independent languages by Ethnologue. For example, Lewotobi is presented as a separate language by Ethnologue and Grimes (1997). Nagaya (2011) disputes this, classifying it instead as a dialect of Lamaholot.
Lamaholot is similar to Sika to the west and Kedang to the east. Lamaholot dialects are often divided into three groupings: western (Flores), central (east Flores, Adonara, and Solor) and eastern (Lembata). Alorese (parts of the coast of northern Pantar and western Alor) is partially intelligible with Lamaholot and is often considered to be a dialect of it.
- Alor at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Adonara at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Lamalera at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Lamaholot at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Ile Ape at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Lewotobi at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
(Additional references under 'Language codes' in the information box)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Lamaholot". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Pukaunu". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Keraf, Gorys. 1978. Komposisi. Ph.D. dissertation, Flores.
- Hanna Fricke. 2019. The mixed lexicon of Lamaholot. 11th International Austronesian and Papuan Languages and Linguistics Conference (APLL11), 13-15 June 2019, Leiden University.
- Grimes, Charles (1997). A guide to the people and languages of Nusa Tenggara (PDF). Kupang: Artha Wacana Press.
- Kroon, Yosep Bisara (2016). A grammar of Solor – Lamaholot: a language of Flores, Eastern Indonesia (Ph.D. thesis). University of Adelaide. doi:10.4225/55/5823cd4c017f4. hdl:2440/102380.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Nagaya, Naonori (2011). The Lamaholot Language of Eastern Indonesia (Ph.D. thesis). Rice University. hdl:1911/70366.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Michels, Marc (2017). Western Lamaholot: a cross-dialectal grammar sketch (Master's thesis). Leiden University. hdl:1887/52580.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Fricke, Hanna L. (2019). Traces of language contact: The Flores-Lembata languages in eastern Indonesia (Ph.D. thesis). Leiden University. hdl:1887/80399.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
|This Austronesian languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|